|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Mynx Type Medium Endo Steel|
|Armor||Alpha Compound Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||250 Consolidated XL Fusion|
|Communications System||JNE Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Build 3 CAT TTS|
|Heat Sinks||10 double|
|Jump Jets||Northrup Starlifters M50s Standard|
The totemic design for the Huntsman was initially developed by Clan Diamond Shark, but as part of the rivalry between the Merchant Castes of Clan Nova Cat and Clan Diamond Shark, the rights to this promising new OmniMech were Trialed for and won by the Nova Cats.
The design, also favored by Oathmaster Biccon Winters, was contracted out by Khan Severen Leroux for further development and manufacture to Clan Cloud Cobra and their Brim Ironworks facility, in order to save resources. The Cloud Cobras, who were enamored with the new OmniMech, fast-tracked its manufacture in time for the invasion of the Inner Sphere.
First seen within the 119th Nova Cat Striker Cluster during the Battle of Luthien, a Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery intelligence officer code-named the OmniMech "Nobori-nin" due to the single fin-like projection rising from the back of the 'Mech reminding him of the banner samurai wore on their backs in feudal Japan. Prized for its flexibility across a wide range of opponents and battlefield conditions, the Huntsman was almost exclusively a Nova Cat design during the initial Clan Invasion, but prior to the Word of Blake Jihad had entered service with Clans Diamond Shark, Cloud Cobra, and Star Adder.
Weapons and Equipment
No expense has been spared in the construction of this front-line OmniMech that uses a 250-rated extralight fusion engine, endo steel structure, and nine tons of ferro-fibrous armor. Five jump jets enable it to leap up to 150 meters at a time.
The Primary configuration of the Huntsman sports a myriad of weapons. An UAC/2 and Artemis IV-linked LRM-10 provide long-range capability, while four ER medium lasers and a Streak SRM-6 make it a vicious close range 'Mech. A pair of anti-personnel pods and a flamer protected it from conventional infantry, and an anti-missile system provided it with some defense against incoming missiles. An active probe found hidden units, and a TAG spotting laser could designate targets for homing artillery strikes.
- Alternate Configuration A
- Useful at all ranges, the first alternate configuration uses an LRM-10 and an LB 2-X autocannon at long range. A pair of large pulse lasers are accurate at all ranges, though they necessitated the addition of two double heat sinks. BV (1.0) = 1,870; BV (2.0) = 2,034
- Alternate Configuration C
- This long-range support configuration uses an LRM-20, LRM-15, and an Ultra AC/5 for most of its work. An ER medium laser, ER small laser, and a Streak SRM-4 handle units that get in close. A flamer provides defense against infantry and combat vehicles. BV (1.0) = 1,927; BV (2.0) = 2,199
- Alternate Configuration D
- This newer configuration uses an ATM-6 with three tons of ammunition for increasing damage as the Huntsman closes. An Ultra AC/10 is useful at medium-to-short range, while a pair of medium pulse lasers and a small pulse laser are highly accurate against units that get too close. BV (1.0) = 1,851; BV (2.0) = 2,007
- Alternate Configuration E
- A Jihad-era configuration, the E mounts a large pulse laser and paired medium pulse lasers for high accuracy even while jumping. These are supported by an ATM-6 with three tons of ammo as well as an ER small laser. An anti-missile system, light active probe, and light TAG rounded out the equipment package. Four additional double heat sinks help keep the Huntsman E running cool. BV (2.0) = 2,104
- Alternate Configuration F
- A Dark Age unit, this configuration attaches a targeting computer to an improved heavy large laser and two ER medium lasers, while the LRM-15 uses an Artemis V FCS to improve accuracy. To offset any heat that 14 double heat sinks can't dissipate, the Huntsman F uses a Radical Heat Sink System. BV (2.0) = 2,367
- Alternate Configuration G
- This configuration carries a pair of Streak SRM-6 launchers with two tons of ammunition in a CASE II protected bay. The right arm contains a retractable blade while the left contains three ER medium pulse lasers, and a leg mounted small pulse laser deals with enemy infantry threats. A pod-mounted engine supercharger allows it to sprint at 100 km/h. An active probe and targeting computer are also fitted. BV (2.0) = 2,377
- Alternate Configuration H
- A powerful reconnaissance unit, the Huntsman H carries an active probe and an ECM suite. It also mounts a pair of ER large lasers, a heavy small laser, and four heavy medium lasers, all tied to an advanced targeting computer. Six additional double heat sinks strain to keep heat levels manageable. BV (1.0) = 2,060; BV (2.0) = 2,495
- Alternate Configuration I
- This configuration provides heavy fire support. The right arm carries a HAG 20, fed a three-ton ammo bay is in the right torso. The left arm carries an ER large laser and a plasma cannon with two tons of ammunition. Finally, an ER small pulse laser deals with close in attacks. BV (2.0) = 2,277
- Alternate Configuration N
- This fusion of Warden and Crusader technology mounts an ER PPC, ER large laser, ATM-6, and a heavy medium laser. A targeting computer makes the direct-fire weapons more accurate, while three additional double heat sinks help to keep heat levels down. BV (1.0) = 2,245; BV (2.0) = 2,556
- Alternate Configuration T
- This configuration provides a wide variety of weapons. Each arm carries a pair of improved heavy medium lasers provides flexible firepower, while long range fire is provided by an UAC/2 in the right arm and a pair of Streak LRM-5 launchers in the right torso. A micro pulse laser, ER small laser, and flamer are provided to threaten infantry and armor forces. The left arm additionally carries a Streak SRM-6 launcher. Additional protection was provided by a laser anti-missile system. The missile launchers and autocannon each had a ton of ammunition. BV (2.0) = 2,105
These variants were introduced in various apocryphal sources, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
From MechWarrior Online:
- Alternate configuration P features a Streak SRM-4 and LRM-10 rack in each arm, supported by a left torso–mounted UAC/10 and an ER medium laser and ER small laser in the right torso. Fitted with only 10 double heat sinks and carrying one ton of ammunition for each weapon, the Huntsman P must carefully manage both heat and ammunition.
- HMN-PA Pakhet
- A customized variant of the Huntsman piloted by Calvin Deleportas, the Pakhet carries twin medium pulse lasers in its right arm supported by an ER large laser in the left arm. Each side-torso mounted paired Streak SRM-4s for accurate short-ranged firepower, while a left-torso mounted anti-missile system sought to minimize such return fire.
- Plastic Huntsman (Nobori-nin) Prime is included in BattleTech: Clan Heavy Battle Star
- The Inner Sphere designation for the Huntsman, "Nobori-nin", is Japanese for "Banner-bearer".
Original Nobori-nin from Invading Clans
Huntsman from TRO:3058
Huntsman from RG:ilClan v12
Huntsman A in combat from CCG
Model of Huntsman from MWO
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 40–41: "Nobori-nin"
- MUL online date for the Huntsman (Nobori-nin)
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 174–175: "Nobori-nin Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 222
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 143
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 170–171: "Nobori-nin"
- Invading Clans, pp. 126–127: "Clan Nova Cat - Nobori-nin"
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 12, p. 12
- The Huntsman Lore and Blueprint
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 223
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 144
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 224
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 145
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 225
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 146
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 226
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 86
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 147
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 148
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 121
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 227
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 87
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 149
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 228
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 150
- MechWarrior Online - "Huntsman Sale Page"
- BattleMech Manual, p. 93: BattleMech Quirk Table - Nobori-nin Entry
- The Huntsman Lore and Blueprint
- Master Unit List
- MechWarrior Online Huntsman Sale Page
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 12
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade