- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Mynx Type Medium Endo Steel|
|Armor||Alpha Compound Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Consolidated 250 XL engine|
|Communications System||JNE Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Build 3 CAT TTS|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Northrup Starlifters M50s Standard|
Following the final Grand Council vote that initiated the invasion of the Inner Sphere, in accordance with the traditions begun by Sandra Rosse, Clan Nova Cat Khan Severen Leroux consulted Oathmaster Biccon Winters for a vision to victory, only for Winters to warn of disaster for the Clans. While Leroux chose to ignore her predictions of doom if the Clans invaded, Winter was able to convince her Khan of the need for a new flexible OmniMech that would guard against whatever lay ahead in their Clan's future. Unwilling to pour too much support into such an endeavor, Khan Leroux sought a partnership with the Clan Cloud Cobra-held Brim Ironworks to develop the design. Piquing the interest of the Cloud Cobra Scientist Caste, the development and manufacture of the Huntsman was fast-tracked to allow it to enter the Nova Cat touman in time for the invasion.
First seen within the 119th Nova Cat Striker Cluster during the Battle of Luthien, a Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery intelligence officer dubbed the OmniMech with the name of "Nobori-nin" (Japanese for "Banner-bearer") due to the single fin-like projection rising from the back of the 'Mech reminding him of the banner samurai worn on their backs in feudal Japan. Prized for its flexibility across a wide range of opponents and battlefield conditions, the Huntsman was almost exclusively a Nova Cat design during the initial Clan Invasion, but prior to the Word of Blake Jihad had entered service with Clans Diamond Shark, Cloud Cobra and Star Adder. 
Weapons and Equipment
No expense has been spared in the construction of this front-line OmniMech that uses an Extra-Light Engine, Endo Steel structure, and nine tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. Five jump jets enable it to leap up to 150 meters at a time. 
The primary configuration of the Huntsman sports a myriad of weapons. An Ultra Autocannon/2 and Artemis IV-linked LRM-10 provide long-range capability, while four ER Medium Lasers and a Streak SRM-6 make it a vicious close range 'Mech. A pair of Anti-Personnel Pods and a Flamer protect it from conventional infantry, and an Anti-Missile System provides it with some defense against incoming missiles. An Active Probe finds hidden units, and a TAG spotting laser can designate targets for homing artillery strikes. 
- Alt. Config. C
- This long-range support variant uses an LRM-20, LRM-15, and an Ultra Autocannon/5 for most of its work. An ER Medium Laser, ER Small Laser, and Streak SRM-4 handle units that get in close. A Flamer provides defense against infantry and combat vehicles. BV (1.0) = 1,927, BV (2.0) = 2,199
- Alt. Config. D
- This newer variant uses an ATM 6 with three tons of ammunition for increasing damage as the Huntsman closes. An Ultra Autocannon/10 is useful at medium-short range, while a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers and a Small Pulse Laser are highly accurate against units that get too close. BV (1.0) = 1,851, BV (2.0) = 2,007
- Alt. Config. E
- A Jihad-era config, the E mounts a Large Pulse Laser and paired Medium Pulse Lasers for high accuracy even while jumping. These are supported by an ATM-6 with three tons of ammo as well as an ER Small Laser. An Anti-Missile System, Light Active Probe, and Light TAG round out the equipment package. Four additional double heat sinks help keep the Huntsman E running cool. BV (2.0) = 2,104
- Alt. Config. F
- A Dark Age unit, this configuration attaches a Targeting Computer to an Improved Heavy Large Laser and two ER Medium Lasers. The LRM-15 uses an Artemis V Fire Control System to improve accuracy. To offset any heat that fourteen double heat sinks can't dissipate, the Huntsman F uses a Radical Heat Sink System. BV (2.0) = 2,367
- Alt. Config. H
- A powerful reconnaissance unit, the Huntsman H carries an Active Probe and an ECM Suite. It also mounts a pair of ER Large Lasers, a Heavy Small Laser, and four Heavy Medium Lasers that are all tied to an advanced Targeting Computer. Six additional double heat sinks strain to keep heat levels manageable. BV (1.0) = 2,060, BV (2.0) = 2,495
- Alt. Config. N
- This fusion of Warden and Crusader technology mounts an ER PPC, ER Large Laser, ATM 6, and a Heavy Medium Laser. A Targeting Computer makes the direct-fire weapons more accurate, while three additional heat sinks help to keep heat levels down. BV (1.0) = 2,245, BV (2.0) = 2,556
These variants were introduced in various apocryphal sources, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
From MechWarrior Online:
- Alt configuration P features a Streak SRM-4 and LRM 10 rack in each arm supported by an left torso mounted Ultra AC/10 and an ER Medium and ER Small Laser in the right torso. Fitted with only ten double heat sinks, the Huntsman P carries only a single ton of reloads for each weapon type.
- HMN-PA Pakhet
- A customized variant of the Huntman piloted by Calvin Deleportas, the Pakhet carries twin Medium Pulse Lasers in its right arm supported by an ER Large Laser in the left arm. Each side-torso mounts paired Streak SRM-4s for accurate short-ranged firepower, while a left-torso mounted Anti-Missile System seeks to minimize such return fire.
MechWarrior Online art of the Huntsman
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 174-175, "Nobori-nin Profile"
- MUL online date for the Huntsman (Nobori-nin)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 222
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 143
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 170-171, "Nobori-nin"
- Invading Clans, pp. 126-127 "Clan Nova Cat - Nobori-nin"
- MechWarrior Online "Huntsman Lore and Blueprint written by Randall Neil Bills"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 223
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 144
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 224
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 145
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 225
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 146
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 226
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 86
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 147
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 148
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 121
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 227
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 87
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 149
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 228
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 150
- MechWarrior Online - "Huntman Sale Page"
- Master Unit List
- MechWarrior Online Huntsman Lore and Blueprint
- MechWarrior Online Huntsman Sale Page
- Luthien (scenario pack)
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade