Turning Points: Irian
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Turning Points: Irian|
|Development||Ben H. Rome|
|Primary writing||Patrick Wynne|
|Cover artwork||Ray Arrastia-(Design)|
|Illustrations||Ray Arrastia, Jason Vargas, David Kerber-(Evolved Faction Logos)|
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||April 23rd, 2015|
|Era||Dark Age era|
|Timeline||3133 to 3136|
|Preceded by||Dark Age Turning Points: Vega|
|Followed by||Turning Points: Arcturus|
Turning Points: Irian (shorted as TP:Irian) is part of the Turning Points series, which is the third release of a PDF web exclusive product produced by Catalyst Game Labs in the Dark Age Era. The product uses the Chaos Campaign rules and provides a campaign setting for players fight for control of Irian The book allows for players to use small size forces to planetary scale combat.
The campaign is based on the miniatures event conducted by Wizkids for their Collectible Miniatures Game, MechWarrior Dark Age. The last track in this scenario PDF is based on the events depicted from the Dark Age Novel, Wolf Hunters, by Kevin Killiany. This product provides scenarios set during the initial chaos that ensued after the Gray Monday in 3133 where various Republic splinter factions war for control of hidden Marauder II BattleMech production line on Irian. Later is set after the break up of The Republic of the Sphere, with now independent Irian fighting off raid from the newly formed Senate Alliance in 3136.
Product Write Up
|“|| Devlin Stone’s Military Material Redemption Program transformed the Inner Sphere, retooling BattleMech production lines for civilian output and boosting state economies. Companies that had made their names building machines of destruction now found themselves turning more towards peaceful IndustrialMech manufacturing. Downsized and heavily regulated by Stone’s policies, Irian Technologies was an exemplary model of the Republic’s new paradigm.
But IrTech has kept a secret through the long decades of peace: a fully functional Marauder II production line hidden away from the Republic’s auditors and enforcers. In late 3133, however, that secret got out. With the Republic already torn by factional strife, the revelation of IrTech’s deception has everyone scrambling to win the prize. Who will emerge victorious from this all-out faction war?
Dark Age Turning Points: Irian uses Chaos Campaign rules and gives players the option of fighting individual battles, following a campaign arc, inserting it into their own campaigns and even creating their own scenarios with optional rules to give their games an “Irian flavor.” The ebook includes a detailed map of the world of Irian, a run down of the forces involved in the conflict, and several tracks that players can use to run simple lance-on-lance battles, or stage up to a world-wide invasion. Only the players’ imaginations are the limits.
- "Words but a Whisper"
- Map of Irian
- Description of Irian
- The Vega Campaign
- Random Assignment Table
- The Scourge, (Bannson's Raiders) - Splinter Faction
- Brotherhood Regiment, (Dragon's Fury) - Splinter Faction
- Republican Guards, (Northwind Highlanders)
- Purifiers, (Spirit Cats) - Splinter Faction
- Crusaders, (Steel Wolves) - Splinter Faction
- Archon Shield,(Stormhammers) - Splinter Faction
- Prince's Men, (Swordsworn) - Splinter Faction
- Irian Republic Standing Guard, Planetary Militia
- Irian Technologies Security, (Irian Technologies)
- Irian Planetary Defense Force
- Wolf Hunters - Mercenary Force
- Sharp and Frosty Morning
- Moral Melee
- In Neat Little Rows
- Lord of the Hills
- An Overwhelming Responsibility
- Stick The Landing
- The Elastic Retreat
- Fit to Fight
- The Failing Light Illuminates
- Animal Deals
- The Hour of Judgement Draweth Near
- Shadows of the Water
- Record Sheets
- Ibex RV (Militarized Gauss)
- ITW-200 Inquistitor II
- MAD-6S Marauder II
- Prairie Schooner - Tractor
- Prairie Schooner Module - Trailer
- Four page BattleForce 2 map of Irian
Unlike other sourcebooks, Turning Points: Irian lacks an explicit table of contents. The list shown here was assembled from page headings.
It should be noted that this product marks change in naming of Turning Point products. TP: Irian was originally announced as Dark Age Turning Points: Irian but was renamed, with further Turning Point books no longer noted by Era. Time/Era is only being noted by Era Icons only printed on the product.
Introduced for the first time is the Inquisitor II SecurityMech. This includes only original art and stated Record Sheet for the IndustrialMech.