Turning Points are a series of PDF-exclusive BattleTech scenario books for the Chaos Campaign and Warchest systems. Contents typically include an overview of the conflict in question, maps and history of the planet(s) involved, commander and unit profiles, tracks/scenarios, suitable Random Assignment Tables, and record sheets for special or custom units.
The Turning Points concept was first used for the Jihad Turning Points series as the Jihad era timeline unfolded, covering pivotal military campaigns that were fought over key planets during the Jihad. The format proved so successful that the scope was expanded to Dark Age Turning Points and Historical Turning Points, covering similar campaigns in other eras than the Jihad, and Operational Turning Points, where the focus is not on a single world but on single notable military operations from various eras that took place across several worlds. Except for the Operational Turning Points, the Turning Points publications are named for the world on which they take place.
Starting with the publication of Turning Points: Irian, Catalyst Game Labs dropped the era reference in the product name, reducing the line to only Turning Points products (planet specific campaigns) and Operational Turning Points products (for campaigns across multiple planets).
Turning Points products
- See also: List of BattleTech products
- Turning Points: Irian: Dark Age era struggle for control of Irian between 3134 and 3136. Formerly known and initially announced as Dark Age Turning Points: Irian, it was the first product to follow the unified naming scheme that dropped the era reference.
- Turning Points: Arcturus: Jihad era attack by Word of Blake forces against Chandrasekhar Kurita's coalition of mercenary forces based on Arcturus in May 3073.
- Turning Points: Epsilon Eridani: Another Dark Age era product, this publication chronicles the return of the Com Guards, their battles on Wyatt and Luyten 68-28, and finally their battle for survival against the Republic of the Sphere on Epsilon Eridani.
- Turning Points: Orbisonia: Historical product set at the dawn of the Second Succession War, going over the Capellan Confederation invasion of Federated Sun's world of Orbisonia in 2828. House Liao Chancellor Ilsa Liao would lose her life as attempt to take this staging world as her first bid to take Territory in FedSuns.
- Turning Points: Tokasha: Historical product set in 2921, during the end of the Clans' Golden Century. Clan Hell's Horses' newly built Tokasha MechWorks factory comes under attack by Clan Ghost Bear in a conflict that would soon set the stage for centuries of conflict between the two sides.
- Turning Points: Tyrfing: Historical product detailing the five-way battles for the former Terran Hegemony provincial capital during the First Succession War.
- Turning Points: War of 3039 Vega:Historical product set in 3039 on the world of Vega. The Federated Commonwealth has invaded the Draconis Combine world for conquest. However, unlike the Fourth Succession War the war against the combined juggernaut of two Great Houses isn't enough to take this world from the Dragon.
Dark Age Turning Points
- Dark Age Turning Points: Liao: The 3134 battle for Liao between the Capellan Confederation and the Republic of the Sphere.
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega: The 3133-3137 fighting on Vega between the Draconis Combine, Republic of the Sphere, and Clan Ghost Bear.
Historical Turning Points
- Historical Turning Points: Antallos: The 3067 fighting on Antallos between Clan Snow Raven and the local pirates.
- Historical Turning Points: Galtor: The 3025 Battle of Galtor between the Federated Suns and the Draconis Combine. Based on the old The Galtor Campaign scenario book.
- Historical Turning Points: Glengarry: The 3056 battle between Free Skye rebels and the Gray Death Legion during the Second Skye Rebellion.
- Historical Turning Points: Luzerne: The 3059 battle on Luzerne between the Second Star League and Clan Smoke Jaguar.
- Historical Turning Points: Mallory's World: The 3013 and 3016 battles on Mallory's World between the Draconis Combine and the Federated Suns (including the Kell Hounds).
- Historical Turning Points: Misery: The 3028 Battle of Misery between Wolf's Dragoons and the Draconis Combine.
- Historical Turning Points: New Dallas: The battles on New Dallas during the Star League Civil War, the First Succession War, and the Jihad.
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga: The 3076 battle between the Filtvelt Coalition and the Tortuga Dominions on Tortuga Prime.
Jihad Turning Points
- Jihad Turning Points: Atreus
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron: The nine-year occupation of Dieron by the Word of Blake.
- Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus II: The battle on Hesperus II between the Lyran Alliance and the Word of Blake as part of their Operation: Steel Hammer campaign.
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien: The three-way battle on Luthien between the Word of Blake, Draconis Combine, and Kokuryu-kai rebels.
- Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon
- Jihad Turning Points: Sian
- Jihad Turning Points: Tharkad
Operational Turning Points
- Operational Turning Points: Death to Mercenaries: The Fourth Succession War feud between Wolf's Dragoons and the Draconis Combine that was sparked by the Battle of Misery. Arguably a sequel to Historical Turning Points: Misery.
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion: The Jade Falcon Incursion of 3058.
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials: The Clan Trials to determine the participants in Operation Revival, and The Hellion's Fury campaign which followed.
- Operational Turning Points: The Red Corsair: The Kell Hounds and elements from Clan Wolf versus a Clan-backed "pirate" group; known as the Red Corsair campaign of 3055.
- Operational Turning Points: Widowmaker Absorption: The death of Nicholas Kerensky in 2834 and the subsequent Absorption of Clan Widowmaker by Clan Wolf.
- Operational Turning Points: Fronc Reaches : Set in the early Dark Age Era in 3088, this highlights the campaign of the Colonial Marshals attempting expunge Pirates who come prey on Fronc Reaches now that distraction of the chaotic Jihad war has larger nations aiming to exterminate them.
- Third League Turning Points: Free Taiw...St. Ives: A non-canonical April Fools product in the fashion of the Historical Turning Points, ostensibly set in 3226 during the "Third League era".