|Planetary System Info|
|Position in System||2|
|Time to Jump Point||8.53 Days|
|HPG Facility Class||B|
|Percent, Level of Native Life||20%, Reptile|
(References to Herotitus)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 58.70 Y: -433.17[e]
 Planetary History
Herotitus is an independent Periphery world situated between the Taurian Concordat and the Magistracy of Canopus. Settled jointly by the Taurians and Canopians in the later 2500s just prior to the Reunification War, Herotitus is an agrarian world that prospered due of its proximity to Periphery trade routes. Herotitus has never been engulfed in full-scale war.
In 2997, a hedonistic group from the Taurian Concordat, the New Hedons, arrived on planet and overthrew the government. Without touching the agrarian settlements, the Hedons established a large "pleasure industry", providing customers with physical and/or spiritual indulgence, to the point of excess. Taxation from the pleasure industry was reinvested to allow Herotitus to support increased traffic and demand. Concurrently, profits from export of foodstuffs have also remained lucrative. The planet maintains these two distinct industries in strict isolation, and has achieved economic success.
The 3060s have seen a decline in prosperity, due to nascent hostilities between puritanical groups within the agrarian culture of Herotitus and the New Hedons. Though not wide-spread or intense, these hostilities have started to hurt the economies of both the pleasure industry and agricultural trade.
In the wake of the Jihad a number of large and small Periphery nations established hiring halls on Herotitus, including the Magistracy of Canopus, Marian Hegemony, Calderon Protectorate, Filtvelt Coalition and Fronc Reaches. The Fronc Reaches went so far as to guard their hiring hall with a permanent detachment from the Colonial Marshals, something that had a noticeable effect on the local black market. The Taurian Concordat was also going to some lengths to snatch up reliable mercenaries from Herotitus due to the poor standard of those looking for work in the Concordat itself, a legacy of the governing military junta's poor treatment of mercenaries during the Concordat's war with the Federated Suns.
 Era Specific Data
 Garrisoning Military Force
 Owner History
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Independent world 
- 2765 - Independent world 
- 2864 - Independent world 
- 3025 - Independent world 
- 3030 - Independent world 
- 3040 - Independent world
- 3052 - Independent world
- 3057 - Independent world
- 3058 - Independent world 
- 3059 - Independent world 
- 3062 - Independent world
- 3067 - Independent world
- 3081 - Independent world 
- 3130 - Fronc Reaches 
 Nearby Systems
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- ↑ Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 11
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 156, "State Halls"
- ↑ Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 66, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- ↑ The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 157, "Map of the Periphery"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- ↑ The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 112, "Magistracy of Canopus & Tortuga Dominions"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: 3085
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental II
- The Periphery (sourcebook)
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition (sourcebook)