(References to Schirmeck)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 366.79 Y: 157.72[e]
 Garrisoning Military Force
 Owner History
- 2571 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2581 - Outworlds Alliance (occupied by SLDF forces from August)
- 2585 - Draconis Combine 
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine
- 3040 - Draconis Combine
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine
- 3059 - Draconis Combine 
- 3062 - Draconis Combine
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3069 - Clan Snow Raven 
- 3075 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3079 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3081 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3130 - Draconis Combine 
A relatively minor Outworlds Alliance colony in 2581, Schirmeck was one of the planets occupied by by forces from the Star League Defense Force during the first wave of attacks on the Alliance as a part of the forcible incorporation of the Periphery States into the Star League following the mass rejection of the Pollux Proclamation. The Star League force responsible for capturing Schirmeck was the 44th Brigade of V Corps, under the command of Lieutenant General Simone di Martino.
When the Star League Defense Force troops landed, they faced almost no opposition; despite a notional strength of four companies of light armor, Schirmeck was a world with little industry and the logistical support for the Alliance forces was effectively non-existant. The Star League forces actually faced a handful of operational tanks supported by a few hundred infantry in hastily constructed defensive positions. This led General di Martino to order her troops to use extreme discretion to avoid turning the fight for Schirmeck into a bloodbath; the net result of this was a battle lasting less than an hour, with the Alliance armor disabled in minutes. The conquest of Schirmeck saw perhaps the lowest casualty rate of any of the planets taken during the Outworlds Alliance campaign: 11 KIA and 107 WIA in total on both sides.
Although the 156th Regiment of the 44th Brigade was stationed as the official garrison on Schirmeck, the 156th ended up rearming the Alliance militia within a few weeks. The militia promptly resumed their previous police duties on the planet, and the good relations between the SLDF forces and the citizens of Schirmeck continued to improve following the arrival of Star League supply ships later that year.
On the 25th July 2585 the Treaty of Cerberus was signed, declaring peace between those involved in the conquest of the Outworlds Alliance, and when the treaty took effect on the 1st of August Schirmeck and 13 other planets were formally seceeded to the Draconis Combine as a part of the treaty terms.
Schirmeck is consistently mis-spelt as Schirmack within the text areas of Historical: Reunification War, but is labelled correctly on maps.
 Nearby Planets
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
|Beta Mensae V||57.43||2||DC||DC||DC||DC||DC||DC||DC|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Historical: Reunification War, p. 113, "Schirmack"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 147, "Outworlds Alliance after Age of War (2571) and at the Fall of the Star League (2750)"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Historical: Reunification War, p. 126, "Year Five: Peace In Our Time"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- ↑ The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 110, "Outworlds Alliance"
- ↑ Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 150, "Outworlds Alliance (3067)
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldier Deployment Map - August 3079"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130