(References to Menkar)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 90.66 Y: -92.72 [e]
- Star Type: M2IIIa
- Position in System: 4 (of 9)
- Number of Moons: 1 (Metuchen)
- Days to Jump Point: 7
- Surface Water: 66%
- Atm. Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Surface Gravity: 1.1
- Equatorial Temp: 35Β°C
- Highest Native Life: Mammals
Era Specific Data
- Population 3130: 1,134,458,000
- Governor: Chuck Kincaid
- Planetary Legate: Kirk OβBrien
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3058 - Chaos March 
- 3062 - Capellan Confederation
- 3067 - Federated Suns 
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
Menkar has only seen war twice: Once during the Fourth Succession War and once during the Jihad. The government of Menkar surrendered to Davion forces to prevent damage to their world. During the Jihad, the government did the same thing, but with a twist: One week after the Blakists installed their garrison and departed a plague swept through their camp. This plague killed every Blakist soldier on the world as well as 10% of the planet's population. After the Jihad the government released information that indicated the 10% of the population volunteered to be infected in order to spread the disease to the Blakists.
During the last week of July 3075 the CCAF launched a campaign against the Word of Blake Protectorate garrisons on Menkar, Pleione and Wei. The civilian population of the three worlds took tens of thousands of civilian casualties during the offensive, as the Capellan forces used nuclear weapons to defeat the Blakists.
Though Menkar is located in the constellation Terrans call "the Whale" it isn't the brightest star in the collection. Deneb Kaitos has that honor. Menkar's star is on the way to becoming unstable, like Mira, another system in the constellation. In the meantime the inhabitants of Menkar continue to collect plants from the jungle archipelagos of the world. These plants have been very useful creating new medications, particularly anti-rejection medications for organ transplants. The two large landmasses are filled with valleys fed by large rivers and the oceans are teeming with life.
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 106, "World Profile"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 17, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"