11th Armored Cavalry Squadron (Clan Star Adder)
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Eleventh Armored Cavalry Squadron|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Parent Formation||Alpha Galaxy|
In battle on Albion the Eleventh Armored Cavalry Squadron suffered great casualties during the Burrock Absorption, and it took a long time for the unit to rebuild. They garrisoned Hoard in 3059.
Nova Cat Abjurement
In May 3060 a number of Clans began launching attacks on Nova Cat holdings across the Clan Homeworlds. The attacks were in response to the Abjurement of the Nova Cats following their decision to join the Second Star League, and were in defiance of the brief period allocated by the Clan Council in which the Nova Cats were supposed to be able to withdraw to the Inner Sphere unmolested. The Eleventh was one of the units to engage in those attacks, launching an attack against elements of the Nova Cat Kappa Galaxy stationed on Hoard on the 6th of May. The Eleventh's attacks were made in conjunction with another Star Adder unit, the 417th Adder Sentinels, and other Clans soon began attacking the Nova Cat Clusters on Hoard as well, starting with Clan Ice Hellion and then, two days later, forces from Clan Wolf. Forces from Clan Hell's Horses arrived at the same time as those from Clan Wolf, but didn't attack until the 13th.
It was from Star Colonel Eliza Talasko of the Eleventh that Galaxy Commander Tirill Nostra of Kappa Galaxy learned of the Nova Cat Abjurement, although by the time Nostra learned of what had happened one Nova Cat Cluster, the Forty-ninth Provisional Garrison Cluster, had been destroyed when units from several clans ignored zellbrigen and launched concentrated attacks against individual BattleMechs, killing the entire Cluster; the two remaining Nova Cat Provisional Garrison Clusters, the Fourth and Seventeenth had taken heavy damage.
Kappa Galaxy was ultimately destroyed on Hoard, having been in combat with the Eleventh, the 417th, the First Wolf Lancers, Clan Ice Hellion's Forty-fifth Striker Irregulars and the Hell's Horses' Twelfth Mechanized Cavalry Cluster; despite the battles on the ground and an attack by the Star Adder's York-class destroyer CSA Star Fire, some of the Nova Cat population were evidently able to escape. The Aegis-class heavy cruiser NCS Chronicle destroyed the Star Fire and in 3062 was serving in the Nova Cat Mystic Naval Star in the Inner Sphere.
|Commanding Officers of the 11th Armored Cavalry Squadron|
|Star Colonel||Eliza Talasko||3059|
|Star Colonel||Luc Truscott||3067-3085|
The unit can fight in any terrain and prefers longer engagements, because of their heavy equipment. Most battles follow a two step plan. First the fighter soften the opponent up and then the heavy/assault 'Mechs deliver the final blow.
- CO: Star Colonel Eliza Talasko
Eleventh Armored Cavalry Squadron (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel Luc Truscott
Eleventh Armored Cavalry Squadron (Elite)
- CO: Star Colonel Luc Truscott
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 123, "Alpha Galaxy - Eleventh Armored Cavalry Squadron"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 155, "Clan Star Adder Deployment Table"
- Path of Glory, pp. 8-9
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 124 "Clan Nova Cat - Zeta Provisional Galaxy"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 133, "Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 73, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 168, "Clan Star Adder (As of 3085)"