- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Demolisher Heavy Tank|
|Mission||Close Range/Urban Combat|
|Armor||Durandal 160 Standard|
|Engine||240 GM Superload I.C.E.|
|Communications System||Omicron 5000|
|Targeting Tracking System||Omicron VII|
Tall, squat, and using four treads, the Demolisher has a well-earned, though sometimes exaggerated, reputation as one of the most deadly vehicles on the battlefield. Designed to counteract the increasing scarcity of 'Mechs during the Succession Wars, the Demolisher became popular, especially on worlds where BattleMechs were not available.
Aldis designed the Demolisher to be able to destroy any 'Mech, which was what appealed to the customers. The initial run was well-received, with hundreds of Demolishers being bought by 'Mech-deficient planets.
Weapons and Equipment
The Demolisher is armed with two 185 mm ChemJet Gun AC/20s, which are enough to make any other unit, 'Mechs included, pause. The relatively short range of the guns means that maneuverable units with long-range weaponry can confound the Demolisher. The tank also lacks any form of secondary weapons, which may be detrimental when the massive cannons run dry.
Some crews are known to remove armor and install small defensive weapons if the situation requires.
- Though not strictly a variant, the Demolisher Mk II was released soon after the original. This version was shorter, had a better suspension system, and only two tread units.
- Devastator Heavy Tank
- The third generation of the Demolisher, the DVE-5B Mark III, was found mainly among the defense forces of the richer planets in the Inner Sphere. It is powered by a Type 240 Fusion Engine and mounts some additional weapons: A Flamer in the turret, one Small Laser in the front and on each side, and a front-mounted SRM-6. BV (2.0) = 1,029
- Arrow IV
- This Advanced version of the Demolisher tank debuted during the FedCom Civil War. It replaces the AC/20's and some armor with a pair of Arrow IV missile launchers and seven tons of ammunition. For defense against close range attacks it mounts a pair of Medium Lasers. BV (1.0) = 676, BV (2.0) = 1,297
- Developed by the Clans in 3058, this variant carries twin LB 20-X ACs as its main armament and with 40 salvos can deliver a lot of damage to its enemies. Mounted coaxially with these huge autocannon are a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers. Six Machine Guns scattered across the front and side arcs protect it from infantry. Like most Clan vehicles, the Clan Demolisher carries CASE to protect the ammunition bay. BV (1.0) = 1,184, BV (2.0) = 1,563
- Developed during the late Clan Invasion-era, this variant can launch almost one hundred missiles at an enemy thanks to its three MRM-30 launchers.Each launcher can count on 2 tons of ammunition. A C3 Slave allows it to take advantage of targeting data provided by other units. BV (1.0) = 1,006 , BV (2.0) = 1,242
- MUL online date for the Demolisher
- Record Sheets: 3039 p. 50 - BV2 for original Demolisher Tank.
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 86
- Record Sheets: 3039 p. 50 - Devastator Heavy Tank - Tank listing with BV2.
- Records Sheets: Upgrades p.21
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 171
- Records Sheets: Upgrades p. 22
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 172
- Records Sheets: Upgrades p.21
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 173
- Records Sheets: Upgrades p.22
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 174
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 222
- Combat Operations, p. 120