|Manufacturer||Gibson Federated BattleMechs
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere OmniMech|
|Chassis||Celestial Series PR1E [endo steel]|
|Armor||Durallex Divine Protector|
|Engine||GM 270 Light Fusion|
|Communications System||Master's Voice Cel-Alpha|
|Targeting Tracking System||Master's Sight 1-Omega|
|Heat Sinks||10 double|
The Preta is the second-lightest in the Word of Blake's new Celestial series of OmniMechs, which are primarily piloted by Manei Domini. As with the other Celestials, the Preta was designed by Doctor Devon Cortland and is full of brand new, 3069-era technology, designed for use by these elite pilots.
Weapons and Equipment
As a high-tech 'Mech, the Preta features advanced new equipment such as a C3i computer and a small cockpit. It is built on a lightweight endo steel chassis and uses a light fusion engine for power, protected by nine tons of comparatively mundane standard armor.
The Primary Configuration, the Invictus, is armed with an incredibly accurate retractable blade for close combat. It also uses a light PPC and a snub-nose PPC that deals more damage as the 'Mech closes with its opponent. The Invictus sports an anti-missile system for further defensive capabilities.
- Alternate Configuration A (Dominus)
- This configuration sports improved jump jets that allow the Preta to jump up to 240 meters. Offensively, it uses two pairs of arm-mounted ER medium lasers guided by a targeting computer. An extra pair of double heat sinks keeps the heat buildup well under control. BV (2.0) = 1,302
- Alternate Configuration B (Infernus)
- The Infernus configuration is a mobile sniper and a capable light 'Mech killer. Six jump jets catapult the 'Mech up to 180 meters at a leap. A heavy PPC gives the Preta B a respectable punch, supplemented by an ER medium laser. An extra double heat sink makes slight difference. BV (2.0) = 1,338
- Alternate Configuration D (Luminos)
- This configuration is a capable knife fighter. Six jump jets give it a maximum jumping distance of 180 meters, allowing it to close distance over difficult terrain. A snub-nose PPC deals damage at long range, but is more powerful up close, while a pair of medium pulse lasers and small pulse lasers are highly accurate, enhancing close range firepower against both armored and soft targets. BV (2.0) = 1,158
- Alternate Configuration E (Eminus)
- The Preta E utilizes an experimental Thunderbolt 15, though it only has enough ammunition to fire four times. Nonetheless, CASE protects the ammo bin. A pair of ER medium lasers provide respectable firepower, while a Rocket Launcher 10 should make smaller enemies wary until it is expended. BV (2.0) = 1,211
- Alternate Configuration U (Exanimus)
- The Exanimus configuration uses an experimental laser AMS to destroy incoming torpedoes. An ER small laser and snub-nose PPC provide ranged firepower, while a retractable blade can pierce enemy armor and flood it. Six UMUs allow the Preta U to move around underwater at a high speed. The configuration is also equipped with an improved C3. BV (2.0) = 1,055
- Preta Kendali
- The customized configuration of the Opacus Venatori member Demi-Precentor Kendali Morris mounts enough improved jump jets to leap 240 meters; the 'Mech also is equipped with TAG and a light PPC fitted with a PPC capacitor supported by a single small variable speed pulse laser. BV (2.0) = 1,020 
- Preta is often translated into English as "hungry ghost",a type of supernatural being described in Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, and Chinese folk religion as suffering an extreme level of hunger and thirst.
Original Preta from TRO:3075
- Technical Readout: Jihad, pp. 90–91: "C-PRT-O Preta"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 135
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 138
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 74
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 139
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 140
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 141
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 142
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 143
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 158
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 144
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 71
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 41, 97.
- BattleMech Manual, p. 94 BattleMech Quirk Table - Preta Entry.