|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
Commanded by Major James Kirkpatrick, the unit had a free lance commander slot in 3041. Since Major Kirkpatrick would not give a lance commander position to anyone just so, not even his own son, he staged a trial including his son Damon and Trent Hasseldorf, with the latter prevailing.
The unit's exact composition is unknown, though they are referred to as a battalion. Six 'Mechs take part in the duel on Galatea in 3041 (with downpowered lasers and training ammunition), including two BJ-1 Blackjacks (one of them piloted by Damon Kirkpatrick) and a CN9-AL Centurion.
Formerly known as Kirkpatrick’s Bandit Killers (a 'Mech battalion), Kirkpatrick's Invaders was formed when the unit was reduced to a company. After being left behind on Erewhon during a raid, the Invaders resurfaced on Solaris after two years. The next decade and a half were spent with rebuilding and raids into the Clan Occupation Zone. They took part in Operation Bulldog. On an operation against Clan forces they lost their commander and retreated to Outreach. For unknown reasons they had a rivalry with the 51st Dark Panzer Jaegers. During the FedCom Civil War the unit worked for a noble with a "private little war". After the war they once again joined another tour for the Lyran Alliance.
In 3068, the command joined with Group W for an assault on the planet Togwotee. It took only two weeks to destroy the local militia. The answer from the FWLM came in form of the 1st Atrean Dragoons. The Invaders retreated in the face of an enemy of this size and devotion. They jumped into the Arcadia system, but quickly left. On Gienah they waited for new orders and made an attempt to rest and refit. While on the planet they destroyed a group of mercenary units in a fight for control of the planet. The natives were angry about the devastation.
Kirkpatrick's Invaders remained in Lyran employ as the Jihad drew to a close; while other mercenary units contracted to the LAAF were merging together or even accepting formal entry into the LAAF, the Invaders were continuing to maintain a more traditional employer-mercenary unit relationship. As at 3079 the Invaders were stationed on Virtue.
|Commanding Officers of Kirkpatrick's Bandit Killers|
|Commanding Officers of Kirkpatrick's Invaders|
|Lt. Colonel||Damon Kirkpatrick|||
They normally fight at company level and prefer operating in good weather conditions.
Dragoon Rating: B
- Aide: Hauptmann Cynthia Hasseldorf
- XO/1st Company (Kirkpatrick's Pack): Major Malavai Hollensteiner
- 2nd Company (Kirkpatrick's Fireflies): Captain Jason Reeves
- 3rd Company (Warriors of Steel): Captain Ilse Ansuelo
- Every company is supported by 1 air lance + 1 infantry platoon + techs. The JumpShip is held in reserve.
- - At this point the Invaders were at 70% of full regimental strength and 80% of their equipment featured advanced technology.
Kirkpatrick's Invaders (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Merlin Kirkpatrick
- - As of 3145 the Invaders were at eighty-five percent of full strength, and were split across two systems - Duran and Minderoo.
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 44, "Kirkpatrick's Invaders"
- Arcadia (short story), p. 7
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 78, "Kirkpatrick's Invaders"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 18, "Mercenaries"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 40
- Growing Up
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 182, "Notable Mercenary Forces - Lyran Commonwealth"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 214