Belial (Manei Domini)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Affiliation|| Word of Blake|
Belial was first publicly sighted when the Forty-Second assisted the Blakist 29th Division's assault on the Draconis Combine world of Pesht in early February 3071, devastating the defenders with biological and nuclear weaponry.
An HPG intercept dated November 1st of that year, released by ComStar to INN, suggests that Belial had transmitted an illicitly gained video of a Clan Nova Cat council meeting, held on October 12th, to Apollyon. The video revealed the clan was emerging from isolation to support Devlin Stone.
In June 3072 Belial ordered an orbital strike on Clan Nova Cat's homeworld Irece. The strike destroyed a Nova Cat WarShip, and the capital city was destroyed by nuclear weapons. Belial hoped to sour relations between the Cats and the Dragon with these actions, but it didn't work.
The 42nd became more embroiled in the battle for Luthien when the Nova Cat's Xi Galaxy arrived in July 3072 and declared a Trial of Annihilation against Belial's unit. During their assault, Belial engaged Clan Nova Cat forces within the Nagasaki community zone, of the Crane district on Luthien on 21 August, 3072. He is presumed to have commanded several other Blakist MechWarriors, including Demi-Precentor Eric Hughes (whom considered Belial a father-figure), against a Nova Cat OmniMech, an SM1 hovercraft and a binary of troops embedded in a mechanical shop. It is unknown what he himself piloted. While Belial's troops and the 9th Division both suffered heavy losses, the Forty-Second turned the battle when they used six nuclear missiles on the Nova Cats.
On March 14th 3074, the Word of Blake ROM had leaked information regarding the presence of Buda Weapons Chief Researcher Hideoshi Yamika and his prototype Large X-Pulse Laser to the Kokuryu-kai as a means of wearing down Loyalist defenders in Skytower City. The resulting battle ended with Yamika and his prototypes being hustled aboard a Blakist DropShip by Belial.
Remaining on Luthien, Belial and the 42nd felt the full force of the Ghost Bears' Alpha, Omega, and Rho galaxies' assault in December 3074. While able to inflict heavy damage on both Alpha and Rho Galaxies, the outnumbered Shadow Division eventually fell to the enraged Bears. Though none of the 42nd were believed to survived the Bears' assault, there was no formal confirmation of Belial's death. 
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 1, "Manifest Destiny"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 36, "Stepping Stone"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 7, "42nd Shadow Division"
- Total Chaos, p. 52
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 55, "Visions of Purpose"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 10, "Tunnel Rats"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, pp. 10-11, "Light Machine"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 104, "Profile of 42nd Shadow Division"