Vandenberg Mechanized Industries
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Vandenberg Mechanized Industries|
|Primary Site(s)|| Illiushin|
|Primary Products|| Aerospace Fighter|
The company's formation was the result of the merge of seven smaller military manufacturers. The company had been operating in secret during the Star League occupation of the Concordat since after the Reunification War. The Vandenburg employees taken great pride in their company's patriotic history. 
VMI shut down its facilities on New Vandenburg after receiving reports of plans to attack the world with a strong mercenary force. Though the production lines were shut down for about two months, the company's production levels were soon back to normal. This slowdown also allowed the board of directors to investigate the possibility of purchasing some or all of Pinard Protectorates Limited.
In late 3076, the first Retrotech Toro built walked off the Illiushin assembly line. This was followed shortly thereafter by a primitive Xanthos. The Illiushin plant wasn't affected by the Jihad, but in 3079 they were operating at 5% below their maximum capacity. The New Vandenburg plant was operating at 85% of it's maximum output and the Pinard plant was operating at 90% of its maximum, but neither had lost any staff in 3079.
The shutdown affected plans to begin production of the Cadaver. Though the TDF wanted the 'Mech in the late 3070s, it didn't begin production until 3094. After that, sales of the Cadaver brought much needed capital to the Concordat and VMI, and allowed the company to rebuild some of its production capability.
Vandenberg Mechanized Industries has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
The Illiushin plant was originally constructed as a covert construction facility, but had to eventually encroach on the agricultural lands to maximize production.
In addition to the combat units listed here, the plant also produces a variety of extralight and standard fusion engines, lasers, jump jet systems, and armor for other plants.
- The Periphery, p. 82
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 118
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 189
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 184
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 3
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 28
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 5
- Objective Raids, p. 157, "Produced Components on Illiushin"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 201 - TIG-15 Tigress produced by Vandenberg after fall of the Star League.
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 7
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 28, "Produced Cadaver Components"
- Objective Raids, p. 158, "Produced Components on New Vandenburg"
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, p. 16, "Produced Stinger 5R Components"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States p. 201 - TIG-15 Tigress produced by Vandenberg after fall of the Star League.
- Objective Raids, p. 160, "Produced Components on Pinard"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 14, "Produced Lamprey Components"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 9
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p.118-119