- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Complex H-4 CCC|
|Armor||Forging ZM15 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Fusion 195 Mk. VI, Mod. 3|
|Jump Jets||"Highlifter" 44|
The Rifleman IIC is an upgrade of the venerable Rifleman BattleMech. Five tons heavier than the design it is based on, the Rifleman IIC is also slower. This creates a great deal more room with which to mount other equipment. Further weight savings are found in the use of an Endo Steel frame. One of the first upgrades to the design was maxing out its protection, with eleven tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. The vaunted anti-aircraft 'Mech is aided in its role by the inclusion of an Active Probe. To compensate for the loss of speed, the IIC mounts three jump jets that can propel the 'Mech up to ninety meters in one leap.
Weapons and Equipment
Simple, straightforward, and accurate; the Rifleman IIC is armed with four Large Pulse Lasers. This allows it to pick apart enemies from a respectable range, as well as easily target incoming aircraft. A single ER Small Laser is installed, seemingly as an afterthought. Nineteen double heat sinks keep heat mostly in check, though volley fire should be used.
- Rifleman IIC 2
- This variant removes all of the weapons and equipment, and replaces them with four Ultra Autocannon/2s and six tons of ammunition. The weight saved, plus a half ton from armor, is used to upgrade the engine to allow the 'Mech a top speed of 64 km/h. MechWarriors must be exceptionally wary of the large, vulnerable ammo bins. BV (1.0) = 1,208, BV (2.0) = 1,345
- Rifleman IIC 3
- Following the surprise invasion of Huntress, most of the Clans looked to upgrade the defenders of their homeworlds. In so doing, Clan Cloud Cobra decided to upgrade their aging Rifleman IICs. The IIC 3 first entered service in the early part of 3062. Based upon the original design, it nonetheless uses two Model HHC-30 Ultra Autocannon/2s to plink at a target from long range. Any opponent who believes he or she is facing a IIC 2 is quickly surprised, however, when the IIC 3 opens up with its paired Series 4D-2 Heavy Large Lasers. Twenty one double heat sinks keep this design cool-running. This rebuilt version still mounts the Active Probe. BV (1.0) = 1,629, BV (2.0) = 1,733
- Rifleman IIC 4
- The IIC 4 retains two of the Large Pulse Lasers from the base variant, but adds a pair of ATM 9s, each of which can draw on two tons of ammunition. Sixteen double heat sinks are all that is needed to keep all heat from the weapons under control. BV (1.0) = 2,023, BV (2.0) = 2,140
- Rifleman IIC 6
- The IIC 6 goes in the opposite direction of the IIC 5 by removing the jump jets entirely. This makes room for two HAG 30s, each of which is adjacent to an Anti-Missile System. Seven tons of ammunition provide enough ammunition for most Clan engagements. The ER Small Laser and Active Probe of the original are retained. BV (2.0) = 2,220
- Rifleman IIC 8
- This version carries an ER Large Laser and pair of AP Gauss Rifles in each arm. These are supported by a Streak SRM-6 mounted in the left and right torsos. A head mounted ECM Suite can disrupt targeting networks, and five jump jets allow the IIC 8 to cover 150 meters at a time. The Endo Steel chassis allowed the engineers to install a Consolidated 325 XL engine, increasing ground speed to a maximum of 86 km/h. BV (2.0) = 2,541
From MechWarrior Online:
- A modern Clan take on the classic Succession Wars era RFL-3N Rifleman, the A variant carries a Large Pulse Laser and Ultra Autocannon/5 in each arm, supported by an ER Medium Laser in each side torso. Built around a 260-rated XL Engine, Endo Steel frame, and ten tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, the A is fitted with sixteen Double Heat Sinks and four tons of UAC ammo.
- RFL-IIC-CH Chironex
- The Rifleman IIC Hero 'Mech, the Chironex carries an Ultra AC/2 and ATM 3 rack in each arm, supported by head mounted ER Small Laser and a Large Pulse Laser in each side torso. Built around a 195 rated standard engine, Endo Steel frame and thirteen tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, the Chironex is fitted with fourteen Double Heat Sinks, three Jump Jets, three tons of ATM reloads and two tons of UAC rounds.
Rifleman - The Rifleman was one of the mechs the Star League Defense Force would take with them to the Exodus Fleet. When the Star League-in-exile became the Clans, they would upgrade the mech with clan-technology and increase its tonnage by five tons. The upgrade would receive the IIC title with other SLDF upgrades.
- Roderick Steiner - thirty-second century House Steiner MechWarrior and Officer served in the LCAF and went on to become a hero of the Lyran Commonwealth's invasion of the bordering, fragmented Free Worlds League states in 3137-38.
- MUL online date for the Rifleman IIC
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 257
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 258
- Combat Operations, p. 111
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 259
- Combat Operations, p. 110
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 260
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 261
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 262
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 278
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 263
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 279
- MechWarrior Online "Rifleman IIC Sale Page"
- Fire at Will pp. 263, 271, 277, 281
- Combat Operations
- MWDA Novel: Fire at Will
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix
- Total Warfare Style Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades