6th Oriente Hussars
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Sixth Oriente Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Oriente Hussars|
As part of Janos Marik's loyalists, the Sixth Oriente Hussars landed on Calloway VI and fought the Wolf's Dragoons Beta and Gamma regiments. Though they ended the Dragoons reputation for invincibility, the battle essentially destroyed the Sixth as a unit. The survivors were absorbed into the Fusiliers of Oriente.
Reformed in 3058, the Sixth spent most of its time on the Free Worlds/Magistracy of Canopus border hunting down pirates. This provided them with a great deal of practical experience that they lacked. Their success on these pirate-hunting trips earned them the nickname of the "Aardvarks". 
By 3085 the Sixth had successfully defended the Nimakachi Fusion Products plant on Dalton from Word of Blake, Regulan, and pirate raids. During the time the Sixth has garrisoned Dalton, no enemy forces have been able to escape with product from that factory.
Prior to Operation HOMECOMING the Sixth struck at the Fifteenth Regulan Hussars. During the Victoria War the First and Sixth Oriente Hussars fought the Red Lancers and Roman's Mounted Fusiliers on Ipswich. The Sixth also fought the CCAF on Bentley, swiftly seizing the world. However, after the conquest every member of the civilian government committed suicide rather than collaborate with the Free Worlds League, and this turned the rest of the population against the Sixth. Rumors of executions and secret prisons also increased tensions. A month after they took Bentley, the Death Commandos and Second Capellan Defense Force landed to liberate the world. The Sixth was so demoralized by the civilian insurrection that they simply abandoned the world and relocated to Goodna.  The Sixth was pursued by the Second CDF and Death Commandos, the latter killing the Sixth's senior officers and throwing the Hussars into chaos. The Sixth abandoned Goodna and moved to Ipswitch, where they reinforced the First Oriente Hussars. There they faced Roman's Mounted Fusiliers and the Red Lancers, and fought the CCAF units to a standstill. The CCAF units eventually withdrew to Shuen Wan.
The Sixth was responsible for guarding the narrow transport corridor between the two halves of the re-formed Free Worlds League. They weren't happy with this assignment, but after a few raids by the Regulan Hussars, the Sixth saw how important their posting was. They were split into two commands and garrisoned both Alterf and Manhiki in 3145.
In 3148 when the Free Worlds League campaigned to bring the Regulan Fiefs into the fold, the Sixth was dispatched to Trinidad. The regiment's aerospace wing hit the defending Fifteenth Regulan Hussars hard, leaving the Regulan troops too mauled to put up an effective defense by the time the Sixth's ground troops had made planetfall.
|Commanding Officers of the 6th Oriente Hussars|
|Colonel||Astoria Jaka||3059 - 3085|
In 3085, the Sixth Oriente Hussars' ground forces would gather around their DropShips or other strong points while their VTOLs and conventional aircraft performed reconnaissance. The Sixth then attacks their foe as quickly as they can.
Sixth Oriente Hussars (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
2786 - 2821
6th Oriente Hussars (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the assault-weight unit was stationed on Tintavel. In 2821 the command was reduced to 44 of its strength and was deployed at Sappho. 
6th Oriente Hussars (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the assault-weight unit was stationed on Sappho with an operational readiness of 74 percent.  The unit was destroyed during the war.
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Astoria Jaka
- XO: Force Commander Luis Brunnel
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Magda Ybarra
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Narcis Serra
- Wing Commander: Lieutenant Commander Alfredo Kraus
Sixth Oriente Hussars (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Astoria Jaka
- CO: Commander Bharata Suess
Sixth Oriente Hussars (2 Battalions/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Howard Finley
Sixth Hussars Aerospace Wing (Wing/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Geoffrey Bernard
Twenty-fourth Oriente Heavy Armor (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Alan Shelton
Third Salur Guard (Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Harlan Powell
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 152, "6th Oriente Hussars"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 29
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 97, "6th Oriente Hussars Unit Profile"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 10
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 84
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 42
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 44
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 48
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, pp. 57-58
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 60
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 61
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 104
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 115, "Free Worlds League Military"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 53
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 161, "AFFS Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 92, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3085"
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 99
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 14, "Oriente Hussars"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 138
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 98