(References to Suk II)
Suk II neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Highest native life||Reptile|
|Ruler|| Richard Irby, Duke of Suk II,|
Prime Minister, Sharon Huyck
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Marcus Drobneck)|
- 2235 - Tamar Pact 
- 2340 - Tamar Pact 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Clan Wolf 
- 3057 - Clan Wolf 
- 3062 - Clan Wolf 
- 3130 - Clan Wolf 
- 3135 - Clan Wolf 
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon 
As the name implies, Suk II is the second planet (of altogether five) of the Suk system. It is a mining world rich in rare and valuable resources.
The planet has a diameter of 8500km, a gravity of 0.93g and a breathable atmosphere. It has five continents.
The predominant climate on Suk II is humid and tropical. It would be a pleasant world if it were not for poisonous algae that contaminate around half of the world's water and make water purification plants a requirement at all settlements.
The smallest and least developed continent is named Alshaya, where rich platinum deposits were newly discovered between 3025 and 3030. Besides the highways connecting its main district and three mining districts, it is covered by extensive unexplored jungles and swamps. The largest city on Alshaya is Mach´beh.
Only one other city on the planet is known by name, Kevilston.
Suk II was granted to Duke Richard Irby in 3011. The world is ruled through parliamentary democracy, however, and Prime Minister Sharon Huyck was elected into office in 3025. Both Irby and Huyck retain their positions at least until 3031. During this time, the local Class B ComStar HPG station is led by Precentor Marcus Drobnek.
The predominant religion on Suk II is a liberal form of Islam.
When the Tamar family founded the interstellar state known as the Tamar Pact in 2235, Suk II was one of the worlds that formed a part of the Pact and represented one border of the realm, which stretched as far as Nox and Fatima.
Suk II was a border world on the Steiner-Kurita frontier up until the creation of the Free Rasalhague Republic, and frequently raided by the Draconis Combine for the rare minerals mined here. Eventually conquered by Clan Wolf during the Clan Invasion, it still presents a tempting target.
Although raids against Suk II typically aim to obtain the valuable ores, the water purification plants proved an additional target that had to be given priority in defense. Many such plants are therefore camouflaged, or placed within military installations for protection. Raids against the water purification facilities would invariably draw defenders away from the coveted ores at the mines and storehouses and spread them out, making an effective defense a difficult task.
Suk II was invaded by Clan Wolf starting in January 3052 as part of Operation Revival's Fifth Wave. At the time the planet was defended by the 33rd Avalon Hussars RCT, a veteran combat unit under the command of Hauptmann General John Yapt centered around a four-battalion strong regiment of heavy 'Mechs. Khan Natasha Kerensky knew that the coming fight would be a tough, drawn-out affair, and so deployed the entire Alpha Galaxy on the far side of the planet's primary continent, away from the expected defenses of the Hussars, and made a cautious approach to the heavily populated eastern seaboard. The expectation for heavy fighting was easily met by the Hussars, pitched battles breaking out at Mt. Attich, Suquamish Heights, the Yevers Valley and Ovivington. Indeed such was the combat's nature that the Wolves ran out of most of their supplies, especially ammunition, within the first week. Their logistical situation eventually forced the Khan to order all OmniMechs to change their load-outs to energy-based weapons only, leaving their dwindling ammunition stockpiles for special assault Stars. In the end Clan Wolf was victorious when in early February a massed Elemental attack overran a Hussars armored regiment, breaking a hole in their defensive line and allowing fast-moving 'Mechs to penetrate into their rear. With the battle beyond recovery the Hussars were forced to retreat to Orkney.
- Hansen's Roughriders
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
A very detailed roleplaying campaign (named "Drachentrick") was published in the german fanzine "WunderWelten". Information from this campaign is ambiguous canon. It depicts the defense of Alshaya by the player-run mercenaries (while Hansen's Roughriders look after the other continents) against a Kurita operation occurring between 3031 and 3034. Over the course of the campaign, Warlord Ivan Sorenson first has the Tooth of Ymir regiment stage a raid against Suk II and then secretly brings further troops onto the planet until a full suprise invasion can be launched. It is assumed that if the players fail to thwart the plan, Hansen's Roughriders will prevail and House Steiner will eventually reinforce (or retake) the planet.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 172, "Suk II Planet Guide"
- MechWarrior (1989 Video Game) (apocryphal)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 10, "Founding Fathers"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Tamar Pact world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 132, "District and Prefecture Boundaries of Kurita Space"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Clan Wolf Sourcebook, p. 68
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 9, "Regimental Status"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 116, "Unit Deployment Table"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p.45, "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- 20 Year Update, p. 26, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Report 2765: Lyran Commonwealth
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1