- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Type||Energy (Direct Fire)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (IS)|
|Year Introduced||2400 TH|
|BV (1.0)||9|
The Small Laser is a free-electron laser which focuses a beam of light on targets to cause damage. The compact size of the Small Laser allows it to be equipped and used efficiently on practically anything; however the reduced firepower means that Small Lasers are not usually used on heavier combat devices such as 'Mechs or tanks. Small lasers can also be mounted on battle armor or used as an infantry support weapon by conventional infantry, where it is referred to as a "Support Laser."
The Small Laser is manufactured on the following planets:
The Small Laser has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- TechManual, pp. 226-227, "Laser - Standard Laser"
- TechManual, p. 291, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment (Cont) - Table"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 99, "Laser Systems"
- Technical Readout: 3050, pp.50-51, "FLE-17 Flea"
- BattleTech Master Rules
- Era Report: 2750
- Total Warfare
- Combat Operations
- Mercenaries Supplemental II
- Technical Readout: 3025
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3026
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3055 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3057
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3067
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix