Kit Fox (Uller)
|Manufacturer||Babylon MechWorks V |
Production Line Gamma 2
Ironhold Plant 9
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Process 12 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound H18 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Starfire 180 XL|
|Communications System||CobraTalk 12|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series XXX MultiTrack|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|“||If you see a Falcon not in a Summoner, Hellbringer or Kit Fox, double your caution.||”|
The Kit Fox was another light OmniMech designed by Clan Cloud Cobra, and was first produced in 2890 with the aid of new resources coming from the Tanite Worlds. Rather than emphasize speed, the Kit Fox emphasizes armor and firepower, complementary to the role of the Fire Moth. Clan Jade Falcon Khan Bret Malthus took note of the new design after a string of Cloud Cobra victories, and issued a batchall to the Cobras, a challenge the Jade Falcons only very narrowly won. Clan Snow Raven also produces the Kit Fox, which they acquired by trade. All other Clans field the Kit Fox as isorla, except Clan Blood Spirit, who was gifted the Kit Fox by the generous (or Machiavellian?) Ravens.
Often fielded by Clan Jade Falcon, the Kit Fox has a surprising amount of firepower, with the ten built-in double heat sinks sometimes barely able to fully cool the 'Mech down. However, the Kit Fox is somewhat slow for its weight class, only capable of a top speed of 97.2 km/h, provided by a lightweight 180 XL Fusion Engine. Available tonnage is further increased by the use of a lightweight Endo Steel chassis. Four tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor provide the Kit Fox with ample protection.
Weapons and Equipment
In its primary configuration, the Kit Fox mounts an ER Large Laser and Small Pulse Laser on the left arm as its primary source of firepower. These are supplemented by an LB 5-X Autocannon for tactical flexibility and a Streak SRM-4 rack for close range combat.
- Alt. Config B
- The B configuration of the Kit Fox boasts a rapid-fire Ultra Autocannon-10 as its primary weapon, startling considering the 'Mech's tonnage. An ER Medium Laser, ER Small Laser, and an SRM-6 rack allow the Kit Fox B to finish off anything that manages to close ranges. BV (1.0) = 1,016, BV (2.0) = 1,088, 1,087
- Alt. Config C
- An attempt to employ the Kit Fox in a scouting role, the C configuration has but one ER Large Laser for long-range combat. Instead, the Kit Fox C mounts numerous light weapons, equipped with a Small Pulse Laser and dual Machine Guns. Two A-Pods provide excellent protection against infantry. While the Kit Fox C still has a somewhat slow speed, it is far more durable than other scout 'Mechs, and carries an array of three Anti-Missile Systems and an ECM Suite to further increase it's survivability. An Active Probe allows for detection of hidden units while scouting. BV (1.0) = 1,195, BV (2.0) = 1,150, 1,147
- Alt. Config D
- The Kit Fox D is configured for indirect fire support, mounting dual LRM-15 racks as well as a LRM-5. A Narc Missile Beacon is also carried, which may be exploited by the Kit Fox D itself, as the targeting systems of Clan LRMs lack a minimum range; this literally allows the Kit Fox D to run up to an enemy and mark them for increased accuracy, and then fall back, firing the entire time. BV (1.0) = 1,070, BV (2.0) = 1,142
- Alt. Config E
- The Kit Fox E sports the new Advanced Tactical Missile system, mounting an ATM-3 rack, which can fire ammunition specifically designed for maximum effectiveness at a certain range, causing more damage at shorter ranges. Six added Jump Jets, allowing for a jump capacity of 180 meters, provide the Kit Fox E with additional mobility, allowing it to better exploit the ATM system, and an ER PPC provides the high firepower common to the 'Mech. BV (1.0) = 1,520, BV (2.0) = 1,418, 1,415
- Alt. Config I
- The I configuration is equipped with an ER PPC, ER Small Laser, and ER Medium Laser, all of which are tied into a Targeting Computer. The arms, legs, and front of the side torsos are protected by Modular Armor. The I configuration is equipped with an engine Supercharger, which allows it to reach speeds of slightly more than 100km/h for brief instances. BV (2.0) = 1,936
- Alt. Config S
- The Kit Fox S is intended for urban combat situations, and mounts six Jump Jets for increased flexibility. A Large Pulse Laser provides the Kit Fox S with its primary source of firepower. A Medium Pulse Laser and a Small Pulse Laser complement this, with a Streak SRM-4 for additional firepower. For point defense versus infantry, the Kit Fox S also mounts dual Machine Guns. BV (1.0) = 1,354, BV (2.0) = 1,342
These variants were introduced in various apocryphal sources, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
From MechWarrior Online:
- KFX-PR Purifier
- Reportedly piloted by Brett Andrews, the Kit Fox Hero 'Mech, the Purifier mounts an ER Large Laser and ER Small Laser in each side torso, supported by a machine gun carried in each arm. Carrying two and half tons of machine gun rounds, four extra Double Heat Sinks maintain a high rate of laser fire.
- Arctic Fox - Using a combination of battlefield salvage from Luthien and technical expertise from Clan Wolf-in-Exile, the Kell Hounds constructed the Arctic Fox OmniMech, a reverse engineered Inner Sphere OmniMech based on the Kit Fox.
- Hollander - Impressed by the Uller-A, the Federated Commonwealth designed its own light 'Mech built around a Gauss Rifle.
- Phelan Wolf piloted a Kit Fox on Strana Mechty, as his first 'Mech after his capture by the Wolf Clan. It was armed with twin ER Large Lasers and twin Kolibri Medium Pulse Lasers, a configuration set up by Natasha Kerensky as part of his training as a warrior adoptee.
- Khan Connor Rood piloted a Kit Fox, during the invasion of Clan Ice Hellion into Clan Jade Falcon's occupation zone.
In German products the unit's proper Clan name was altered to Rotfuchs, which means Red Fox. The unit's proper Inner Sphere name was left unchanged.
Original Kit Fox from TRO:3050
Kit Fox from TRO:3050 Upgrade
Kit Fox in urban terrain from CityTech, Second Edition
Kit Fox A from CCG
Model of Kit Fox from MW4: Mercenaries
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 118-119, "Uller OmniMech Profile"
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 25
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 134
- Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 16-17, "Uller OmniMech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 14-15, "Uller OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 26
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 27
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 28
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 29
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 51
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 30
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 31
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 32
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 33
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 90
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 91
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 34
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 136
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 35
- Spotlight On: Unending Faith, p. 15 "Uller BLO"
- Blood Legacy, p.118-127
- MWDA Steel Wolves' dossier of Shin Wolf
- MWDA Spirit Cat's dossier of Malisa Yesva
- MWDA Stormhammers' dossier of Arturo Wolf
- Blood Legacy (Novel)
- Combat Operations
- MechWarrior Online Clan Heroes Sale Page
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- Spotlight On: Unending Faith
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade