(References to Ko)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -18.09 Y: 44.22 [e]
- Star Type: G6IV
- Position in System: 2 (of 3)
- Number of Moons: 3 (Fionna, Palas, Valencia)
- Days to Jump Point: 7
- Surface Water: 82%
- Atm. Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Surface Gravity: 1.03
- Equatorial Temp: 36°C
- Highest Native Life: Mammals
Era Specific Data
- Governor: Arlene Kagemuchi
- Planetary Legate: Dante Kiergov
- Population: 2,518,000,000
Garrisoning Military Force
- 2271 - Independent World 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony
- 3025 - Draconis Combine
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Combine Peacekeepers
- 3062 - Combine Peacekeepers
- 3067 - Draconis Combine
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
Ko was one of the worlds that was abandoned by the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, but by the end of the Reunification War Lyons had become one of the worlds within the Lone Star Province of the Terran Hegemony.
Ko is a world blessed with large amounts of arable land. Though there are some desert areas that are occasionally troubled by sandstorms, the majority of the planet served as a breadbasket world for the Terran Hegemony and the Draconis Combine. Taken by the Lyran Commonwealth during the Fourth Succession War, Ko formed part of the Lyons Thumb. This region was guarded by Combine provided "peacekeepers" during the FedCom Civil War, and later returned to the Draconis Combine after that conflict ended.
During the Jihad Ko was occupied by forces from the Word of Blake. As the allied coalition created by Devlin Stone began striking against Word of Blake Protectorate worlds the combined Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Snow Raven task force which had agreed to support the coalition struck at a number of Blakist worlds on the 21st of July 3076. Ko was one of the worlds targeted by the Clan forces, along with the nearby worlds of Dyev, Kervil, Lambrecht, Moore and Sabik.
The Word of Blake subsequently raided the world several times to disrupt supply chains for Operation SCOUR. The most notorious of these attacks was the introduction of a blight on the Jingatu continent that destroyed 40% of all the crops there and sterilized the soil. The other continents were able to make up the difference, but it took several years for the local population and industry to recover.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 213, "World Profile"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 133, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85, "ComGuards Deployment Table"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding ["
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"