Kirin nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-23.601 : 1837.315[e]|
- 2571 - Unknown Planet
- 2750 - Unknown Planet
- 2821 - Clan World
- 2868 - Clan Hell's Horses / Clan Mongoose
- c.3010 - Clan Hell's Horses (100%)
- 3052 - Clan Hell's Horses (70%) / Clan Smoke Jaguar (30%)
- 3060 - Clan Hell's Horses (100%)
- 3062 - Clan Hell's Horses (100%)
- 3067 - Clan Hell's Horses (100%)
- 3068 - Clan Hell's Horses / Clan Fire Mandrill (in December)
- 3070 - Clan Hell's Horses / Clan Coyote (after March)
- 3075 - Clan Coyote (100%)
- 3085 - Clan Coyote (70%) / Clan Stone Lion (30%)
|Atmospheric pressure||Low (Tainted)|
|Highest native life||Amphibians|
The planet was originally an exclusive Clan Hell's Horses colony. Around 3010 Clan Smoke Jaguar seized control over part of the world and retained their enclave until the Jaguars' annihilation in 3060 by the Second Star League Defense Force. During the Wars of Possession that followed Clan Hell's Horses once more claimed exclusive control over the planet.
In late 3068 Clan Fire Mandrill's Kindraa Mick-Kreese-Kline attacked Kirin hoping to take advantage of supposed Horse weakness. By the end of the year they had claimed Kirin Mechworks, the nearby city, and other territory, amounting to almost a third of the Horse enclaves. Several Horse Clusters from Delta Galaxy then arrived and regained nearly all of the conquered areas except for KM City
During the Wars of Reaving Kirin with its merchant and laborer caste inhabitants were traded to Clan Coyote after March 3070 as the Hell's Horses prepared for their invasion of Clan Wolf's Inner Sphere holdings. In September 3072 it was one of the Clan Homeworlds with a HPG unaffected by the SLOT virus, due to Clan Coyote's collusion with The Society.
In the aftermath of the Wars of Reaving Kirin became the capital world of Clan Coyote as well as its exclusive holding, and with it the largest remaining naval shipyard in the Clan Homeworlds. By 3085 Clan Stone Lion had been gifted two former Hell's Horses enclaves on the planet, making it one of their primary support worlds.
- 666th Mechanized Assault (Clan Hell's Horses)
- 888th Mechanized Assault (Clan Hell's Horses)
- 71st Mechanized Cavalry (Clan Hell's Horses)
- 82nd Mechanized Cavalry (Clan Hell's Horses)
- 44th Mechanized Assault (Clan Hell's Horses)
- 65th Mechanized Strike (Clan Hell's Horses)
- 31st BattleMech (Clan Hell's Horses)
- 39th BattleMech (Clan Hell's Horses)
- 42nd BattleMech (Clan Hell's Horses)
- 67th BattleMech (Clan Hell's Horses)
- 74th BattleMech (Clan Hell's Horses)
- Kirin MechWorks I
- Kirin Armory Plant 4 - Combat Vehicle manufacture.
- Kirin Orbital Works SJ-3 - Aerospace Manufacturing Plant for Aerospace Fighters and DropShips.
- Kirin City
- Mojave continental shelf
|Closest 20 systems (10 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Grant's Station||43.3||Albion||52.4||Strato Domingo||55.3||York||56.1|
Planetary distances determined with the 2821 Pentagon & Kerensky Cluster Map, which has a lightyear scale included. Some distances have not been included due to some worlds not having been discovered.
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 133: "Pentagon and Kerensky Cluster (2821)" (Map)
- Era Digest: Golden Century, pp. 7–8
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 85: "Possessions"
- Clan Homeworlds 3052 Poster (Kickstarter)
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 114
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 39
- The Wars of Reaving, pp. 36–37
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 53: "The Coyote Prowls"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 248
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 249
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 109: "Communication Breakdown"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 165: "WarShips"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 163
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 170
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 151: "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 152: "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 180: Thunder Stallion - Produced as of 3060 on Kirik.
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 52, 56, 62: Ares, Enyo, Hachiman, Ishtar Combat Vehicles & Components produced on world as of 3060.
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 168: Xerxes Aerospace Fighter.
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 135: Map shows distances between worlds.