|Previous Designation(s)||McCormack's Fusiliers|
|Parent Command||Northwind Highlanders|
- 1 Unit Description
- 2 History
- 3 Officers
- 4 Tactics
- 5 Composition History
- 6 Naval Support
- 7 Notes
- 8 References
- 9 Bibliography
The unit known as Stirling's Fusiliers has a long history, formerly known as McCormack's Fusiliers they have operated as mercenaries since before the time of the Star League as part of the Northwind Highlanders brigade.
The unit traditionally consists of natives or descendants of natives of the world of Northwind. The unit was known for its audacious behavior.
The Fusiliers aside for its behavior, were known to be most colorful BattleMechs units. During the Succession Wars, the unit known to parade with their own bagpipe band and troop of entertainer and courtesans. The entertainment troop also served as unit medical staff. The regimental dancers were known to be highly skilled surgeons and have often accompanied the Fusiliers in battle.
While Stirling's Fusiliers was first formed in 2377, it would soon develop a rivalry with its sister unit the Marion's Highlanders. Both units tried to show who was the most audacious of units, with the Fusiliers taking a number of missions they might have passed on if not for the constant gaze of the Highlanders.
The Fusiliers first saw action while stationed in Tikonov's border regions of the Capellan Confederation between 2370 to 2388. They fought a number of engagements with Kurita reserve forces along the border. One such raid was in 2372 on Rio and netted them a Kurita field officer. This was the only high ranking officer captured so far by any Highlanders.
Actions against Free Worlds League
The unit was later moved to protect House Liao's Marik Frontier. The unit remained in this region for a number of years. During this time, the unit conducted a number of actions.
The Fusiliers conducted a raid on Wisconsin in 2477. The unit was noted for its defense of the world of Ingersoll from the Asuncion reserve regiment in 2511. The Fusiliers and the 1st Kearny Highlanders participated in a raiding mission against the League world of Calloway VI. Both regiments' combined aerospace force won a resounding victory over the League's Seydlitz fighters in 2592.
In 2616, the Fusiliers fought their most famous action so far, capturing the Free Worlds League world of Bellatrix. Defending the world were Ajax's Avengers, who outnumbered the Fusiliers by a factor of three to one; rather than choosing to retreat, the Fusiliers instead made an audacious attack on the planet, using a combination of ferocity and superior tactics to smash the Avengers and force them to retreat. The Fusiliers then pursued the Avengers across Bellatrix's southern continent, despite the best efforts of the Avengers to shake the Fusiliers off; when bad weather finally forced the remains of the Avengers to stand and fight, they were quickly wiped out by the Fusiliers.
Tough times & Early Succession Wars
The unit participated in the invasion and occupation of the Davion world of Demeter with all other Northwind Highlander regiments in 2761. However the following year the elements of the Avalon Hussars inflict heavy damages to the unit as their ejected from the planet. Due to the damages, the unit was sent to St. Ives where it was garrison for period of time. Not until the opening stages of the Second Succession War did the unit called up from St. Ives in 2834. The Fusiliers were sent to Tikonov where the unit was reassigned as part of the fight to retain the planet. The unit fought Davion mercenaries Kergawa's Blood Lances, where the Fusiliers' attached Jump Infantry and unit's Fire Lances clashed. Ultimately the campaign was won by Fusiliers in show of combined for of the unit's Orion and Hunchback BattleMechs devastating the merc force within three days of battle.
At the very end of the Second Succession War the unit was assigned to Tsamma. In 2860, the unit stopped a full-scale raid by a Marik-hired mercenary unit called the Lander's Lancers. The Fusiliers suffered grave losses to its heavy 'Mechs, including all of its Orions. The Lancers' sniping Griffins were able to knock out up to a third of the unit's heavy 'Mechs. The battle on Tsamma changed attitude and unit had now lost its ingrained cockiness.
Third Succession War
The unit had been transferred to the Marik frontier, where it won a series of minor skirmishes with regular House units between 2865 and 2900.
The unit experienced a taste of delayed payback when the Lander's Lancers son discovered to be garrisoned on world of Lopez. So after learning their location, the unit assembled its best Mechwarriors into single Battalion. In a stealthy raid, they took the Lancers by surprise attack, the Fusiliers inflict severe damage to mercs before they could mount any kind of defense. For the rest of the Third Succession War the unit remained on Davion side of Capellan Border.
Fourth Succession War
In the Fourth Succession War the unit was stationed on Elgin, it didn't see any fighting and later after the clan elders negotiation with the Federated Suns left the planet for their new home on Northwind. Arriving on Northwind in 3029 they quickly fought their way through the 5th Sword of Light and 36th Dieron Regulars to relieve the AFFS forces.
Clan Invasion Era
In 3058 the Fusiliers managed to make their long-term rivals the Marion Highlanders distinctly envious with a campaign against the Smoke Jaguars on behalf of the Draconis Combine. Hired to strike at one of the main supply bases of the Jaguars in the Deep Periphery, Wayside V, the Fusiliers arrived and discovered that rather than the expected Provisional Garrison Cluster they had been briefed about, the supply base had a frontline Galaxy of troops defending it.
With no way back to Combine space, the Fusiliers came up with a bold - and nearly suicidal - plan. A small group of the Fusiliers disguised themselves as Smoke Jaguar forces and set out to raid a number of nearby Clan Nova Cat facilities and garrisons, while the remainder of the Fusiliers settled in for a protracted guerrilla campaign.
The Nova Cats responded as predicted, given the long-standing antipathy between the two Clans, and pursued the disguised Fusiliers back to Wayside V; with the arrival of the Nova Cats, a massive three-way battle on the planet resulted, with the Fusiliers arriving victorious despite heavy losses.
FedCom Civil War Era
|Commanding Officers of the McCormack's Fusiliers|
|Colonel||Henrietta "Harry" McCormack||3025|
|Commanding Officers of the Stirling's Fusiliers|
|Colonel||Andrea "Cat" Stirling||3050 - 3067|
The unit use all advantages and whatever tactics are needed to achieve a victory although they are not as willing as the Marion Highlanders to resort to overtly suicidal tactics.
2786 - 2821
McCormack's Fusiliers (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- Note: At this point in time the light-weight unit was stationed on St. Ives. In 2821 the command was reduced to 51 percent of its strength and was deployed on St. Ives. 
McCormack's Fusiliers (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the light-weight unit was stationed on St. Ives with an operational readiness of 76 percent. 
McCormack's Fusiliers (Regiment/Elite/Fanatical) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Alto with an operational readiness of 39 percent. 
- 1st Battalion - Major Jacob Shen
- 2nd Battalion - Major Simone Turloc
Stirling's Fusiliers (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Northwind. 
- CO: Colonel Andrea Stirling
- 1st Battalion "The Kilsyth Guards" - Major Loren Jaffray
- 2nd Battalion "The Black Adders" - Major Kurt Blakadar
- 3rd Battalion - Major Cullen Craig
Stirling’s Fusiliers (2 battalions/Elite/Reliable) 
- CO: Colonel Andrea “Cat” Stirling 
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Rockland. 
Stirling’s Fusiliers (Reinforced Regiment/Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Andrea Stirling
- Regimental Command Company - Lieutenant Colonel Kurt Blakader
- 1st Battalion "The Kilsyth Guards" - Major Jake Fuller
- 2nd Battalion "The Black Adders" - Major Richard Fey
- The Guardsmen - Brevet-Major Grace Lyons
Note: The entire unit is upgraded and fields additional 25 percent Clan upgrades. Also the unit incorporates two vehicle companies and two battle armor companies.
- CO: Captain Jaime Pierson
Note: The six fighters of the Air Wing field Clan technology.
- CO: Admiral Thomas Doohan
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 80 - "Unit profile" - Unit has band and dancers who also serve as the regiment's medical team.
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 55, "Stirling's Fusiliers: Never Second Best"
- Northwind Highlanders (scenario pack), p. 15
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 80 - "McCormack's Fusiliers" - Unit history through the Succession Wars.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 80 - "McCormack's Fusiliers' revenge on the Lander's Lancers".
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 11
- Making a Name
- Northwind Highlanders (scenario pack), p. 24
- Northwind Highlanders (scenario pack), p. 30
- Northwind Highlanders (scenario pack), p. 32
- Northwind Highlanders (scenario pack), pp. 35, 38-46
- House Liao p. 105
- Highlander Gambit, Prologue
- Northwind Highlanders (scenario pack) p. 48
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 55, "Stirling's Fusiliers Profile"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 136
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 96
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p.105
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 141 >Historical: War of 3039, p. 141
- 20-Year Update, p. 19
- Impetus of War, Prologue
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 106
- House Liao (the Capellan Confederation), p.?? - "McCormack's Fusiliers bio" - Primary BattleMechs
- 20 Year Update
- Highlander Gambit (novel)
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Impetus of War (novel)
- Making a Name (short story)
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Northwind Highlanders (scenario pack)
- Objective Raids
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook)
- First Succession War
- Second Succession War