Kimball II neighbouring systems
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler|| Ubanda Tomakali (Governor)|
Felix Endarr (Planetary Legate)
- 2340 - Federation of Skye 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3021 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Draconis Combine 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon 
Kimball II is the more marginally-habitable world of the Kimball system. First settled by a colonists supported by a wealthy 21st Century industrial magnate interested in the mineral resources available on the world and in it's asteroid belt, Kimball II offered an ecosystem with abundant free water and support for Terran crops. These advantages made it the primary colonization target, as the friendly atmosphere made colonization efforts both cheaper and more likely to succeed.
Kimball II quickly developed into an industrial powerhouse, converting the ores and minerals from Kimball IV into parts for agricultural vehicles, IndustrialMechs, BattleMechs, and other combat vehicles. This trade and industrial capability quickly made the Kimball family an economic power in the region. This high profile led to the Kimball family allying with the Ignota family based on Thorin; this alliance would later give birth to Ceres Metals.
The prosperity of the system led to frequent clashes between the Lyran Commonwealth and Draconis Combine after the fall of the Star League. One such clash in 2932 saw the 11th Lyran Guards involved in the bitter fighting for control of the world, which had already changed hands repeatedly between the Commonwealth and the Combine by this point. In one notable engagement during the 2932 conflict Hauptmann Lisa Morgan, a Wolverine pilot from the 11th Lyran Guards commanding a recon company, downed a much heavier BattleMaster 'Mech belonging to the 10th Rasalhague Regulars during a hazardous night mission. A battalion of the 10th Rasalhague Regulars had managed to ambush the Guards' recon forces and looked set to encircle the lighter Lyran forces in a tightening cordon, but when Morgan's crippled Wolverine killed the enemy pilot the sudden loss of the assault 'Mech threw the Regulars into disarray, allowing the Eleventh's recon elements to escape - taking the fallen BattleMaster as salvage. Hauptmann Morgan was later awarded the BattleMaster as a replacement for her Wolverine.
Eventually after the Combine drove Word of Blake forces off the world, it became part of the Republic of the Sphere, but not before the Lyran Commonwealth and Draconis Combine had one more fight over the system. The Republic granted the Combine Favored Nation Trading Partner status to the output of Kimball II, and the Lyran Commonwealth objected. After granting Favored Nation Trading Partner status to the Lyran Commonwealth as well, Kimball II officially became part of the Republic.
- - At this point in time, the IX Principes was at 50% of full strength, with 75% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
Kimball VI was the subject of a bandit raid in 3021; the ruler of Butte Hold, Redjack Ryan, tasked Wilson's Hussars to raid Kimball VI to obtain mining equipment and ore processing equipment, as Kimbal VI appeared to be the perfect target. Kimball VI had only been settled because of the rich bauxite deposits present on the world, which were mined and processed to fuel the industries on the much more heavily populated Kimball II. With a population of only 100,000, Kimball II had only a small local militia and a hired mercenary unit equipped with helicopters for defense, leading Redjack Ryan to expect the planet to be easy pickings.
The Hussars landed 30 kilometers south of a mountain range with active mines and moved north in company strength. By the time the Hussars reached the foothills they had been targetted by the mercenary garrison, who proceeded to ambush and harass the Hussars using their Warrior H-7 Attack Helicopters. The Hussars couldn't close with the fast VTOLs after the initial ambush against the Hussars' Recon Lance, but Wilson insisted on trying, leading his entire company in pursuit of the mercenaries. That pursuit ended in an ambush in a box canyon, where the waiting planetary militia dropped SRMs and Infernos on the luckless Hussars. After losing 3 'Mechs Wilson called for a general retreat, and his surviving 'Mechs were harassed constantly by the mercenary helicopters all the way back to their drop zone.
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 212, "World Profile"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War "
- Technical Readout: 3026, Revised Edition, p. 20, "Warrior H-7 Attack Helicopter"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion "
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 30, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 290, "WVR-6R Wolverine"
- 20 Year Update, p. 26, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 187, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 168, "Alpha Galaxy (Clan Jade Falcon)"
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Technical Readout: 3026, Revised Edition
- Technical Readout: 3039