- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
(References to Shensi)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 53.73 Y: -92.72[e]
- 1 Planetary Data
- 2 Planetary Description
- 3 Planetary History
- 4 Era Specific Data
- 5 Garrisoning Military Force
- 6 Owner History
- 7 Nearby Planets
- 8 Note
- 9 References
- 10 Bibliography
- Star Type: F6V
- Position in System: 4 (of 5)
- Number of Moons: 1 (Kung Pow)
- Days to Jump Point: 14
- Surface Water: 59%
- Atm. Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Surface Gravity: 1.0
- Equatorial Temp: 30°C
- Highest Native Life: Amphibians
Shensi is a Earth-like world, which most is most notable for its extensive forestry and minerial reserves. It has three continents (Klondike, Mongot and Kungara), which are extensively forested.
- Klondike - Largest of planet's continents, located from equator into far north. Its has wide ranges of tempatures, and its home of the planet's capital.
- Whitehorse - Planetary Capital of Shensi, located in center of the continent of Klondike.
- Kungara - The planet's agricultural center, where its wide spread of plains has enough open land support the planet's population.
- Mogot - Cold and Mountainous regions of the planet. Here in these reaches, is found the planet's most accessible minerial wealth.
Shensi was colonized during Terra's Exodus, where people from northern Chinese, Siberia of Russian, and people from Northwest North America settled the due to large swaths of forests. The settlers when they arrived, took pains to avoid damaging the forests of the planet when the started build their settlements. The Russian settlers were drawn to the planet's color climates, settled in the mountainous areas of the continent of Mogot. There they began to mine the mountains for their rich resources of titantium, uranium and iron.
The planetary capital was estiblished on temped continent of Klondike, in city of Whitehorse.
Under the administration of the Capellan Confederation
When the Capellan Confederation formed, the planet was annex. It was brought into the Condederation as means to add its agricultural & mineral strengthes help the newly form nation. Over course of time, the planet was seen very valuable, and the CCAF supplies were places in series of caches.
Fourth Succession War and FedCom
In 3028 the First Davion Guards RCT landed on planet as first wave of Fourth Succession War. Only defended by unarmed Home Guard Militia, the Militia commander employed despirate tactics to try over turn the elite House Davion troops. The Guards overwhelmed the militia force, left a detachment of Armor and Infantry battalions to garrison the planet.
Operation Guerrero and return to Liao rule
In 3057, the Confederation and Free Worlds League conducted joint invasion of the Sarna March of the Federated Commonwealth. Shensi was one first worlds to be recovered from Davion rule and placed in the Liao Commonality. Once in Confederation hands, the natives revealed they had kept the secret of the CCAF's supply caches intact, however one had been discovered by pirate during FedCom rule.
Jihad & Republic Era
HPG Blackout & Independence
In August 3132, the Shensi's and rest of the Inner Sphere lost communication with rest of HPG grid. Plunge into a communication blackout, the planetary government stayed strong. By 3134, House Liao made gambit to again retake worlds lost to Republic of the Sphere. In November, Shensi was attack by Aerospace fighter, the raid damaged significate power grid locations and other important locations on planet. At the time, the government was neutral, but was friendly to House Liao. However, the attack prompted the government sign treaty with Pro-Davion military sprinter group, SwordSworn in mututal defense pack to defend again Liao Incursion.
After the Exarch Levin's announcement of end of the Republic of the Sphere, Shensi became independant world despite the Liao's incusion as of 3135.
Era Specific Data
- Governor: Millano Rivkin
- Planetary Legate: Marjori Tarr
- Population: 1,654,799,000
Garrisoning Military Force
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Chaos March 
- 3062 - Chaos March
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent World 
Planet's moon possibly missed name. In the Fortress of Lies novel, which feature the world. Planet's moon was named Kung Pao. Wizkids' planet profile includes name of the moon, but spells it Kung Pow.</ref>
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 112, "World Profile"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 22, "Shenesi" - 1st Davion Guards take Shensi with easy and leaves mix detachment of troops to defend it.
- Shattered Sphere, p. 65, "St. Ives Compact" - Capellan Confederation starmaps - Shensi shown as being now part of the Confederation as of 3061.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, pp. 19, 65, 87, "Maps of the Inner Sphere from 3068 to 3075 show the planet remaining part of House Liao during early days of the Jihad".
- Fortress of Lies, pp. 169-173, "Erik Sandoval-Groel convinces Legate and Governor of Shensi in mists of a Liao raid that be mutually good thing sign with treaty with his Swordsworn against liao".
- Republic Territories map as of 3135, with Shensi shown unoccupied by any power.
- 20 Year Update, p. 24, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Shattered Sphere, p. 101, "Chaos March Free Rasalhague Republic"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Fortress of Lies, p. 178 - Swordsworn dropship recieves a distress signal from Liao fighter from Shensi's moon, Kung Pao.