Tamar nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-15.391 : 314.863[e]|
|Recharge time||187 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||None (3025)|
|Moons||2 (Karachi, Islamabad)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||36°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Plants|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3079|
|Ruler||Duke of Tamar (3025)|
Khan Vladimir Ward (3076)
|Population||879,000,000 (3025, apocryphal)|
|HPG (Representative)||A (Precentor Virginia Hoppe) (3025)|
- 1 Political Affiliation
- 2 Planetary History
- 3 Military Deployment
- 4 Geography
- 5 Planetary Locations
- 6 Industrial Centers
- 7 Map Gallery
- 8 Nearby Systems
- 9 References
- 10 Bibliography
- 2340 - Tamar Pact 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2915 - Draconis Combine 
- 2916 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Clan Wolf 
- 3057 - Clan Wolf 
- 3063 - Clan Wolf 
- 3067 - Clan Wolf 
- 3075 - Clan Wolf 
- 3079 - Clan Wolf 
- 3081 - Clan Wolf 
- 3085 - Clan Wolf 
- 3135 - Clan Wolf 
- 3145 - Clan Hell's Horses 
- 3151 - Clan Hell's Horses 
Following the coup launched by Robert Marsden in 2375 that saw him installed as sole ruler of the Lyran Commonwealth, 22 worlds including Tamar were still opposed to his rule in 2378 and had withdrawn their support of both him and his new government. Many of these worlds were cowed into line through naval blockades that starved them into submission, but eight self-sufficient worlds - again, including Tamar - continued to hold out, and as a result were subject to full and bloody military invasions by Marsden's forces.
Star League Era
Although two regiments of the Lyran Guards were garrisoning Tamar in 2765 - the Forty-first and Forty-fourth Lyran Guards - only the Forty-first was considered a full-time garrison for the planet; the Forty-fourth was expected to do service as a strategic reserve for the local region, deploying as needed.
First Succession War
Third Succession War
Tamar was under attack by forces from the Draconis Combine in 3022, and the LCAF deployed additional units to reinforce the weak defense forces on the planet. Among these additional units was the mercenary unit Snord's Irregulars. The Irregulars' initial deployment went poorly, with the irregulars being dropped into the heart of Vrance, several kilometers away from their planned drop zone. At the time, Vrance was under the control of Combine forces headed by General Askam, but Cranston Snord used various unorthodox tactics to capture and then hold the city. Askam was impressed enough with the Irregulars performance to attempt to sway them to the Combine's service, offering a contract paying twice what the Commonwealth was paying the Irregulars, but balked when Snord's contract demands included being allowed to select his own targets "for collecting purposes". Askam attempted to counter the demand by offering more money, but negotiations ended when Archon Katrina Steiner announced that she would be increasing the Irregulars base pay.
Fourth Succession War
At the start of the Fourth Succession War, the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces launched Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG, the largest Lyran invasion of the Draconis Combine in centuries. Overall, this attack was an overwhelming success, as several dozen Combine worlds fell to House Steiner, most of them planets that had formerly been part of the Tamar Pact, decades or even centuries before. The Thirteenth Rasalhague Regulars, however, intended to counterattack rather than wait to be overwhelmed by the Commonwealth's war machine. They struck at Tamar, apparently without orders, knowing that a successful strike could demoralize the entire Commonwealth. They were opposed by the very capable Grave Walkers mercenary unit, with two heavy regiments.
Unfortunately for the Grave Walkers, Duke Kelswa insisted on commanding the defense. When the Duke ordered the Grave Walkers into a death trap, Colonel Dennis Merwin, the Walkers' commanding officer, knocked the Duke unconscious and placed Kelswa and his entourage under arrest. The Walkers proceeded to rout the Regulars completely, with only a handful of the Kuritans surviving to surrender. Duke Kelswa, however, placed Colonel Merwin under arrest for treason, scheduling his execution for the following morning. The Lyran high command, however, pressed the Duke on the issue, pointing out his lack of military background and informing him he would be publicly court-martialed if he continued with his charges against Merwin. The Duke reluctantly released the Grave Walkers commander. 
Despite the protests of Duke Selvin Kelswa III, the government of the Federated Commonwealth refused to provide reinforcements to Tamar's defense to meet the coming invaders, citing the need to defend other worlds. Furious, Kelswa returned to Tamar City to prepare his own defenses, refusing to cooperate with any AFFC officials, even those of the Twenty-sixth Guards, despite their years of service as Tamar's principal defenders. On 7 November, 3051, saKhan Natasha Kerensky of Clan Wolf arrived in orbit over Tamar, leading the Wolves' Alpha Galaxy. The former command of Nicholas Kerensky, the Dire Wolves were arguably the premier formation in all the Clans, the elite of the elite. Marshal Joy Corelli accepted Kerensky's batchall, and arranged her defenses between the Clan landing zones and Tamar City. The first major clash between the two forces came at Shonick Dale, where the Wolves attempted to break through the Lyran lines of defense. Although they held for six hours against Kerensky, the Wolves' second attempt came at night and drove the Guards back amidst vicious fighting. Corelli reorganized at Smitton, a village north of the capital, organizing her troops in the thick forests to offset Clan air cover and their superior weapon ranges. Unfortunately, this allowed two Elemental head hunter stars to easily penetrate their lines, sowing confusion and chaos. When Alpha Galaxy attacked, they were forced to pull back once again. When they attempted to organize again at Tamar City, they were denied entry by Duke Kelswa, who by this point had gone mad. The 26th Guards reluctantly set up their defenses outside the city walls, awaiting the coming Wolves. The following day, the assault began with a series of air strikes, followed up with harrying attacks by the 13th Wolf Guards. With nowhere left to run, Corelli decided to preserve the remainder of her forces and retreat offworld. Offering transport to Kelswa, the Duke declined and would ultimately die with his men, but did send his daughter, Morasha Kelswa, along with the Guards. Steiner's Boots retreated to Kobe. Not long thereafter, the Wolves attacked the capital, leading to the destruction of the Kelswa Guard and the Tamar War College Training Battalion, with both units fighting almost to the death. Duke Kelswa himself fell at the controls of his Atlas. Despite the betrayal of Duke Kelswa, one of the Guards' armor units, the 343rd Tamar Heavy Armor Regiment, would serve as Duchess Morasha's honor guard in the years to come, and were permanently detached from the Twenty-sixth.
Tamar was the subject of a damaging attack from Word of Blake forces on the 28th of December 3070, the Scouring of Tamar. The Blakists didn't land ground forces; instead, the attack consisted of nuclear strikes aimed at a number of heavily populated areas, including the Clan Wolf headquarters. The attack on Tamar, capital world of the Clan Wolf Occupation Zone, coincided with an attack on Arc-Royal, the capital world of Clan Wolf-in-Exile. On the 1st of April 3080 Tamar was reestablished as the capital world for Clan Wolf in the wake of the Jihad.
- Tamar War College Training Battalion
- Kelswa Guard 
- Twenty-sixth Lyran Guards RCT
- 223rd Division
The planet has four major landmasses, Dilis, Amirani, Kopala and Zadeni. The capital city, Tamar City, is located on Dilis.
- Bolson-Tamar Shipyards (destroyed 2789)
- Clan Wolf Site OZ-1 (destroyed during the Jihad)
- Tamar Arms
- W-8 Facilities
|Closest 44 systems (44 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 172, "Tamar"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 120-121, "Tamar"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 28, "Tamar"
- MechWarrior (1989 Video Game) (apocryphal)
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Tamar Pact world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (sourcebook), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (sourcebook), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 79, "Tamar"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. vii, "Lyran Commonwealth Map - "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 90, "The Continuing Alliance"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 132, "District and Prefecture Boundaries of Kurita Space"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War .  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Alliance after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42-43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 103, "Inner Sphere - 3151" (Map)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 13, "Marsden in Power"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 153, "259th BattleMech Division"
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13, "Lyran Guards"
- First Succession War, p. 61, "The War of Raids: House Steiner's Succession War"
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars, p. 6
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2 pp. 67-68
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, pp. 43-44, "Tamar", the 26th Lyran Guards oppose Alpha Galaxy on Tamar, evacuating with Morasha Kelswa
- Era Report: 3052, p. 137, "Situation", the 26th Lyran Guard opposes the Clan invaders
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 44, "Tamar", Duke Kelswa refuses to work with the Twenty-sixth
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 82, "26th Lyran Guards Armor Brigade", the 343rd Tamar Heavy Armor Regiment leave to protect Morasha Kelswa
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 61, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 255, "SLDF - Lyran Commonwealth Military Command Map"
- First Succession War (sourcebook), p. 139, "First Succession War Deployment Table - LCAF"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p.44, "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 138 "Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 26, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, pp. 43-45, 64
- 20 Year Update, p. 71, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p.32
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 126, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 167, "Clan Force Deployments - Clan Hell's Horses"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 28, "W-8 Facilities"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) - "Selvin Kelswa III profile", p. 155
- Historical: War of 3039, Page 22
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 128
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4, p. 11, "Sturmblitz Assault Gun"
- 20 Year Update
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars (scenario pack)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: LAAF
- Field Report 2765: LCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Objectives: The Clans
- Shattered Fortress
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook