(References to Rigil Kentarus)
Rigil Kentarus neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||1 (Riken Minor)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Tainted)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Adrianna Polaski (Governor)|
Kamala DeLaurel (Planetary Legate)
- 2271 - Terran Alliance 
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2774 - Amaris Empire 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3078 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until May)
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3145 - Republic of the Sphere 
3055 to 3062 to 3067
Rigil Kentarus was settled early on during the Exodus. The world had an inhabitable moon, and it's position near Terra insured it would be one of the first worlds settled. Rigil Kentarus was one of the worlds that remained a part of the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, and became one of the worlds within the Alliance Core region of the Terran Hegemony. As part of the Terran Hegemony, Rigil Kentarus received several SLDF bases to bolster Terran defense. These bases included several Castles Brian and SDS systems on both the planet and the moon, Riken Minor.
Unfortunately, during the Amaris Civil War Rim Worlds troops drove the defending SLDF forces off Riken Minor. From the moon, they blasted the surface of Rigil Kentarus with the massive lasers and particle cannons available to them. At such ranges the fire was wildly inaccurate, and the Rim Worlds attacks inflicted massive amounts of damage on the world's surface.
During the Succession Wars, Rigil Kentarus started to recover with help from the Lyran Commonwealth government. These efforts weren't hampered by the occasional Draconis Combine or Free Worlds League raid. All that recovery work was undone however, during the Jihad. The Blakists wanted Rigil Kentarus to secure Terra, and would stop at nothing to get it. After deploying nuclear and chemical weapons of mass destruction on the world and moon, nearly half the cities of Rigil Kentarus were destroyed and the atmosphere was tainted.
Rigil Kentarus was liberated by allied coalition forces in a campaign lasting just over two weeks in 3078. The assault began on the 20th of May and ended on the 5th of June, but problems for the allied coalition didn't stop with the liberation of the planet; the bulk of the coalition forces who liberated the planet were Clan units drawn from Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Wolf, and the three Clan blocs promptly divided the spoils from the campaign up amongst themselves via Clan trials, ignoring the protests from the non-Clan elements of the allied contingent. After staging their Trials of Possession with the Ghost Bears, Clan Jade Falcons' Alpha Galaxy and Clan Wolf's Delta Galaxy departed Rigil Kentarus on the 5th of June.
In the wake of the Jihad the planetary government on Rigil Kentarus passed a law stating that any war materiel manufactured or used by the Word of Blake had to be destroyed; selling the equipment or parts of the equipment was illegal. As a result, companies such as Paddington Metals were employed to scrap and smelt down Blakist 'Mechs and equipment. The law passed on Rigil Kentarus was typical of that implemented on a number worlds, and was both more moderate than the law passed on Freedom but stricter than the corresponding law implemented on New Earth.
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 246, "Rigil Kentarus World Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding - 2319"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Alliance after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 59, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- 20 Year Update, p. 71, "Com Guards Deployment Tabel"
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 126, "ComGuard Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 98, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 68, "Mercenary Employment Table"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 15, "Clan Jade Falcon Deployment Status"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 145, "Republic Armed Forces - Stone's Brigade"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 67, "Traitors Or Opportunists?"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 36, "Swords To Slag: Anti-Salvage Trend Gains Ground"
- 20 Year Update
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: Updates
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental