- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Type||Equipment (Point-Blank Weapon)|
|Year Availability|| Clan = 2831
IS = 3040
|Year Introduced||Clan = 2831 CBS|
|Year Extinction||IS = 2835|
|Year Reintroduced||IS = 3040 FC|
|Damage||Special Weapon Rules (Consult Total Warfare p. 129)|
|Short Range||Special Weapon Rules (Consult Total Warfare p. 129)|
|Ammo Per Ton|| Clan = 24
IS = 12
|BV (1.0)|| Clan = 63
IS = 32
|Ammo BV (1.0)|| Clan = 21
IS = 11
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 32
IS = 32
|Ammo BV (2.0)|| Clan = 22
IS = 11
Introduced in 2617 by the Terran Hegemony, the anti-missile system is used to destroy missiles before they strike their target. This is accomplished by using a short ranged rapid firing weapon which shoots at the missiles. Because missiles in BattleTech are usually fired in salvos of up to forty at a time, anti-missile systems are rarely capable of destroying them all. Due to the loss of knowledge caused by the Succession Wars, anti-missile systems ceased to be produced by 2835. Only in 3040 did the Federated Commonwealth rediscover the means to produce this equipment. For the Clans, however, AMS never became LosTech, and by the time of the invasion, the Clans had improved on the Star League version by replacing the solid slugs with flechettes, allowing for more ammunition per ton.
Laser versions of the anti-missile system exist, and benefit from having no ammunition requirement unlike regular systems. However they produce heat as a side effect of their use.
There is also a version of the Anti-Missile System which has been configured to protect allied units within range of the equipped unit, known as the RISC Advanced Point Defense System.
The Anti-Missile System is manufactured on the following planets:
- Second Succession War, p. 102, "Weapons and Equipment Extinction Table"
- TechManual, p. 204, "Anti-Missile System"
- BattleTech Compendium: Rules of Warfare, p. 115
- BattleTech Master Rules, pp. 122-123, 148
- Combat Operations, p. 47
- Maximum Tech, p. 79
- Maximum Tech (Revised), p. 72
- Second Succession War
- Tactical Operations, pp. 99-100 (Advanced Game Rules)
- Total Warfare, pp. 116, 129-130 (Game Rules)
- Technical Readout: 3050